Chapter four

"Welcome to Big Boys neighborhood, alrighty y'all I've been wanting to get these two into the studio for a little time now." Big Boy said and I adjusted the mic, quietly chewing on my gum. "It's Nami y'all."

"What's up what's up." Maru said with his effortlessly charming smile. Hm.. think that's the nicest thing I said about him all year.

"I don't wanna be pestering or anything but can y'all just give us everything? I mean, your names, your age, your race cause you're not just black, I know that for a fact." I chuckled and looked at Maru to start.

"For sure yo. My names Maruto but I go by Maru. I'm twenty seven this month uh.. I'm Japanese and black and yeah, thinks that about it. Your turn Hikaru." I gave him a look as I sat up, his smirk annoying me.

"I'm Y/n, only my mama and like.. certain people can call me Hikaru which is my first name. I'm twenty four, a Taurus for my astrological ladies out there who's into that shit. And I'm Blasian as well." I said with a confident nod.

"So were you born here or..?" Another girl, forgot her name, asked.

"I was born in New York," Maru answered. "But Y/n and our younger brother Kai was born in Japan with our pops but we moved to Long Beach in two thousand eleven." I nodded again.

Big boy hummed then looked at me. "And living in Long Beach, notorious for its rappers such as Snoop and Warren, Saviii.. how does that effect your music?"

"It's eye opening, you know." I started as I tapped the table softly. "Especially where we were raised, Twenty first street was crazy but it also prepared you for life, you know? I realized at a young age that I had to grow up faster, dad wasn't around, big bro was in school, so I had to provide for the family." I leaned forward before letting out a soft laugh, realizing I went off topic. "Sorry what's the uh.. what's the question? I forgot."

Big boy and the girl laughed, along with me. "That's so funny because we just had Jhené Aiko in the studio yesterday and that happened to her like three times. The question though was how does Long Beach effect the music you make?"

"Oh, well obviously we were raised in the hood so we like keeping that OG rap style aspect in our music. But that's not what we're limited to.. I listen to all types of shit so I'm always bringing up something different to Maru and he can come up with stuff on the spot." I finished with a smile as I grabbed my water bottle and took a sip of it.

"Going back to what she said about Jhene Aiko being here yesterday, her man Big Sean and y'all were in the studio the other day.. what's happening there?" I purse my lips and looked away, knowing he was trying to get out that they were working on an album.

"I don't know what you're talking about man but Bezerk is going mad crazy on the charts right now." Maru said as a diversion and I snorted, drinking my water again.

"Alright alright, I get it." Big boy said with a smack of his lips. "But I have a question.. I don't want to seem insensitive or be offensive but you're very vocal about having a uh.. an extra part downtown." He said, looking in my direction. "Is that just you talking or like.."

I swallowed my water and tightened my bottle with a nod. "I'm not trans." I clarified. "I was born intersex and for those that don't know, it's basically that something was different with my chromosomes or whatever. So, I have a dick but I'm a female, if that makes sense. Which is why I was named Hikaru which means to shine but it's a masculine name. My middle name, Y/n is fluid so I just go by Y/n. Unless it's my mama, my mama can call me Hikaru."

They all genuinely looked interested about me having a dick and it was the funniest thing ever. "We heard you know how to use it too."

I gave them a look. "From who?" I asked with a chuckle.