Chapter ten

I sat quietly, my leg bouncing as I watched the crew members walk around, checking on everyone to see how well they were doing. Or.. how well I wasn't. I was trying not to focus on what was happening as I texted Normani.

Melanin👑 : I was about to be mad like damn bitch, just leave me here all alone 🙄 but now that I know why, you go do ya thang boo boo

Me: You a mess. I'll text you later

I took in a sharp breath when I felt movement, looking outside, I saw we were moving or being 'taxied.' It was slow but we were still moving.

"Would you guys like a drink-"

"The strongest liquor you've got, please." I nearly pushed out, holding up my ID.

She nodded with a smile before looking at Jhené who was laughing softly. "I'll just take a water, thank you." Once the stewardess left, she turned to me with a smirk. "So.. you can get in a gang fight, watch a drive by, sneak out on Mama, but can't handle a plane?" I breathed out nervously and simply looked out of the window. "I didn't think there was something you feared more than your mom."

"This is different, okay? At least in those situations I can try to get out of death. This.. you can't survive a plane crash- what's that?" I asked with wide eyes once a beeping went off.

"This is your pilot speaking..." I sighed into the seat, ignoring Jhené's little giggles.

I felt like this was karma for me being such an asshole all my life. I've done some fucked up shit and this was the world repaying my debt. What if we crashed.. or worse.. what if this shit got hijacked??

"Okay, I can see you're thinking too much." I looked over at her as she pulled out her phone and a pair of AirPods. "Here, listen to this." She handed me the AirPods and I put them on before leaning my head back. "Close your eyes, ignore everything and just relax."

"Okay.." I breathed out as a singing bowl started to play throughout the AirPods, completely blocking out any outside noise. Then, I heard Jhené's voice.

Calm down
Calm down
Calm down eventually
Protect your energy

I hummed, smiling softly at her healing ass voice. Look at her..

Before I knew it, the few seconds became minutes, then those minutes turned to lights out for me..

At least for the moment.

I came to when I felt a slight shake, thinking I was in bed and maybe Maru was waking me up. I tried to roll over, only to smack right into something hard.

"Ow.." I mumbled as I opened my eyes, staring straight at a window with clouds.. underneath me. "Oh fuck!" I exclaimed and tried to hop back, only to land on Jhené who quickly wrapped her arms around me. "Cuh that's too f-fucking high." I shook my head, swallowing thickly but she simply pulled my head down to rest on her shoulder, fingernails scratching my scalp.

"Relax, you're fine." She whispered. I closed my eyes and took in a slow breath as I nodded. "You know you went to sleep before we even took off? Don't tell me you haven't been sleeping well again.."

"No I do, It was just that damn mantra." I joked and she giggled. "When'd you make that?" I lifted my head but she kept her hand in my hair.

"Two days ago. I was trying something new with my singing bowls and I just kept telling myself to calm down and to protect my energy. So.. thought I'd use that for good and changed it to protect your energy." She shrugged cutely and I nodded before looking out of the window to see the clouds cleared and was replaced with blue ocean. "We're like twenty minutes off now." I nodded with a hum. She continued to mess with my hair before tugging on it slightly, making me wince. "God- I'm braiding your hair when we get there."