Chapter twelve

"Yo this shit lowkey slap, not even gonna lie." I said as I talked to the Instagram live I decided to have, my phone propped up on Jhené's meditation books. Apparently I wasn't 'active enough' and everyone knew more about Maru than me. Well I mean.. duh. He was suppose to be the face of Nami. That was the plan all along. But, I knew connecting more couldn't hurt. "Someone tell Bieber to hit me up because I wanna remix Yummy. For real though." I ate another hot Cheeto as I read down the comments. "What does Nami stand for- it's just Wave in Japanese guys. Maru and I are our own vibe so.. we make our own waves. Ride wit it." I winked and reached for my can of watermelon Arizona.

Just then Buddha, the cat I liked, jumped onto my couch and crawled onto my lap, his eyes closing. I ran my fingers through his fur with my free hand while answering more questions. "This is Jhené's cat, his name's Buddha." I picked him up and kissed his tiny head before letting him rest on my lap and go back into his sleeping state. "I can speak a little Japanese like uh.. Kirei dayo. That's just you're beautiful. I mostly know how to flirt and shit."

"From the weed house straight to the strip club! I gotta get a bitch and get my dick sucked!" I heard Kai randomly start rapping as he walked out of my room in nothing but a towel around his waist, his dreads tied back in a bun. "Who you FaceTiming Cuh?"

"Yo bitch." He smacked his lips and came into view, smiling when he saw I was on live. "No one wanna see your baby abs, get on."

"Baby abs? Look at this nigga." He flexed, licking his lips as he did the light skin face. Basically eye squint and lip bite. "Look? They all calling me daddy Tanaka. Damn right bro."

I pushed him away and looked back at the camera in time to see a certain message. "What do you mean 'what's going on with me and Jhené?' That's the homie." I grabbed my chip bag again, and the phone, as I leaned back.

Namilove: y'all fucking on the low? That performance was kinda.. 🤭 y'all too familiar with the grinding shits

"That's called being comfortable. Of course I can dance with her without making it awkward. Especially if you value someone on a deeper level.. we're just cool like that." I shrugged softly, scrolling down to the next comment. "We didn't match intentionally yo, blacks a pretty popular color- y'all are trippin." I said with a chuckle. "Now this is a valid question. When did we go to Hawaii? It was a little after tour was over and she wanted to get away to connect and asked me to come along. Who am I to turn down Hawaii, you know? But yeah, that bitch is getting me into the meditation shits."

"Did you just call me a bitch?" I looked up with a smile, Jhené walking in with Asia. She offered to take the teenager shopping after talking with her. I guess we both connected with her because she automatically offered to have a 'girls day' with her.

"Yes I did call you a bitch, bitch." I said boldly before grabbing her hand and pulling her to sit next to me.

"Watch it nigga." She responded before picking up her cat and staring at the phone in my hand. "Oh you're live.. heeey." I snorted as her demeanor changed. "How are you guys?"

I finished off the rest of my chips, tossing the bag onto the table and licking the residue off of my fingers. If a person ate their chips and didn't lick the m powder off of their fingers.. they were weird. No cap.

"None of your concern puts you to sleep in a good way? Well thank you, Destiny, I'm happy I can ease you." I looked over at Jhené for a second in adoration. She was too cute. Making sure my arm was out of view, I slid my arm around her waist and softly stroked the small section of skin that peaked out from her sweatshirt. She looked at me briefly, fighting a smile as she looked back at the phone. "Ooh this one, 'where's one place you want to travel too?' Let me guess.. still bora bora?"