Chapter nine

^ the house

^ the house

It's been a month since the shooting. Four weeks of working from home, no tour, no shows.. no Jhené. She called and texted me but I ignored them all. I didn't wanna deal with it.

I didn't like how she could up and kiss me, then turn back to her old dude like it was nothing.. I couldn't vibe with that. I wouldn't vibe with that. In the meantime, Maru and I worked out asses off the rack up some checks, which we did. Especially with Ballin' and Swang. Plus the revenue from the shows we did attend.. we made enough to move us out of the hood.

"Why the fuck is this shit so far?" Kai huffed out as he staggered on the crutches, a scowl on his face. I simply chuckled before grabbing the crutches, handing them to Maru, and picking up my little brother. "Nigga!" He shrieked out which made me laugh hard as hell.

"Relax man." I chuckled and playfully leaned down to kiss his forehead but he struggled until he made us both trip, falling into the green grass. "Look at yo dumbass." I snorted, shaking my head as he groaned while holding his hip area.

"You gonna make me rip these stitches.. again." I helped him up and he hopped on his pain free leg, grabbing the crutches back from Maru. I simply smiled at him, basking in the feeling of my brother being present with me. Lord knows where I'd be if he didn't make it in that hospital room. "What?" He said once he saw me still staring.

"Nothing bro.. just happy you're here." I knew he'd usually have a snarky remark for these situations but, for my sake, he smiled and bumped into my shoulder silently.

"Me too."

"Aw this is cute but can I take this damn blindfold off now?" We both looked back at mom as she crossed her arms. "It's itchy y'all, this is not how I wanna spend my birthday."

"Oh yeah." I slid up behind her before grabbing the edges of the blindfold. "Maru you recording?" He nodded, his phone up. "Okay. One.. two..." I pulled her blindfold off and she looked around in confusion. "Almost forgot." I pulled a single house key out of my pocket and handed it to her. "Surprise?"

That's when her jaw dropped.

"Wait.. this is.." I nodded and she screamed, jumping into my arms as she hugged me tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed.

"That's not all though." Maru said before pressing the garage door remote, making it raise up and display a Mercedes amg gle. "Now this is my gift."