Chapter Twenty Two

"Morning everybody it's DJ Envy, Angela Yee, Charlemagne tha God, we are the breakfast club and we got a special- no two special guests in the building." I swung side to side slightly on the swivel chair with a smile. "Y/n and Maru, it's Nami baby."

"What's up." I said into the mic with a nod.

"Y'all have been busy busy since the beginning of the year, taking off like a rocket." I chuckled under my breath. "You dropped a tape in early January and it blew up, gaining y'all onto shows like the VMA's, the BET awards, not to mention an opening spot on the Don Life tour last summer.. how are y'all processing such a fast drop into the industry?"

I looked at Maru and he sat up to speak. "I would say we weren't prepared.. but we kinda were." I nodded. "I mean our mom was a hard ass when it came to knowing your worth. So, we grew up knowing we had what it took to reach this level. But not in a cocky way, we just know what who we are."

"Still thankful though." I added as I grabbed my water bottle. "But yeah, it was more of a 'when it happens' not 'if' you know?"

"Right, and you guys just dropped an album titled See Life. What's the reason behind that name?"

Maru then looked at me. "Uh well I kinda came up with this idea of using three titles in one. See Life, Sea Life, and C life." They looked confused as hell. "Okay first See Life is us going on tour and shit, you know? We really stayed in one place most of our lives to this point so its time to See life. Now the second one is Sea as in beach which is where we're from. Long Beach aka, the city by the Sea. And the last one is the letter C because ya know," I slyly pulled the blue rag from my pocket and tied it around my neck as they laughed. "Always reppin, ya know?"

"Word." Charlemagne said as he turned to face me. "We've had a lot of artists that come on here and claim they're from the set, you think they all really rep it?"

I gave him a look as I leaned back in my chair. "Man half these rappers that claim they've seen LA haven't left sunset ave." He laughed. "It's true. I'm not sayin any names but mans was claiming he ride and I have never seen his face outta the hills ever since one song popped off." Was I talking about Blueface? You damn right.

"It's all politics man." Maru said with a small chuckle.

"Exactly." I nodded along.

"Politics? What does that mean?" Angels asked.

"Basically niggas that walk around the hood tryna appease to everybody but they really not about it. Like, if I call up cuh and be like 'we got a hit, what you gon do?' And he always like nah I'm busy or whatever, he's politicin' you know?" I licked my lips and shook my head as I sat back. "They say they about it but don't really slide. Like.. don't call yourself a famous crip if nobody see you." They all oohed and I shrugged, grabbing my water bottle and taking a sip of it again.

"Well.. snap." DJ Envy said with a laugh, making everyone join. "I didn't know we'd be having shade early in the morning but goddamn."

I shook my head instantly and sat up. "It's not shade though it's facts. I don't do that shit, I just speak my mind.. I'm not shading anyone but simply stating facts. You're not a famous crip.. sit down and humble yourself." I left it there as I shook my head, feeling myself get heated for no reason really. I just hated liars and phony's. That shit was irritating.

"Shoot I wanna talk more about this, who we talkin about?" Charlemagne said, being his dumb self as he leaned his chin against the palm of his hand while looking at me expectingly. "They been here before?"

"I don't know man." I said with a chuckle. He squinted his eyes before humming and sitting back up.

"Alright. Well, you have a son right, Maru?" He asked my brother and he nodded. "What's his name?"