Sadness

[✔ edited as of 27th June 2014]

------------------------------------------------

[Thursday night - James POV]

I was lying on the sofa and  I could hear Amanda crying in her bunk, we hadn't spoke since Tuesday night, and tomorrow would be her last full day with us, which I didn't like the thought of.

I knew she was really sad about it because whenever I'd hear her crying and one of the lads spoke to her, they'd told me that she didn't want to go at all and we'd all just leave her. 

It was kind of true, we would be leaving her, we didn't want to either, I really loved her but I couldn't just bring myself to talk to her, I loved her so much it hurt when we spoke and I couldn't kiss her beautiful face.

"You alright mate?" Ben asked, walking in to get a beer and sit on the end of the sofa. 

"Yup." I replied.

I really wasn't, I was dying inside at the thought of Amanda going home.

"Amanda is crying again mate, maybe you should go and talk to her." Ben suggested. 

I got up.

"Yeah, maybe I will join her for a bit." I said, and I started walking towards her bunk. 

I knocked on the side of the bunk because I didn't want to disturb her much if she wanted to be alone. 

"Yeah?" Sniffed Amanda, obviously trying to clean the tears away. 

"It's James, can I come in your bunk with you for a bit please? You are sad and I hate it." I said truthfully, I really did hate her being sad. 

"Sure, I'll move over for you." She said, and I got into her bunk with her, under the covers.

She had tears and make-up all down her face. 

"Amanda, come here." I whispered, and I let her cuddle me.

She was with her head on my chest and hand across my stomach, and I had my hands behind my head. 

"I don't want to go James, I really will miss you all." She whispered, I looked down at her and frowned. 

"I  don't want you to go either." I whispered back.

She snuggled up to me. 

"You don't know how much I want to kiss you to make you feel better." I said to her, I felt her smile.

She looked up at me, with tears in her eyes, I wanted to kiss her, but instead I cried with her.

We lay there hugging and crying for what seemed like forever. 

I'd never felt sadness like this before, it was tearing me apart.