2.

She carefully turned the page of the ancient book that sat on her lap, trying to absorb the knowledge locked in the hybrid language. It was a mixture of Latin, Gaelic and some sort of angelic-fae language so it took a large part of her concentration to derive what had been written. Her nose twitched as she smelt men at her door. The room she lived in was enormous to her, with a King sized bed, walk in closet, a bookshelf and several desks so that she could spread her work out. She had never known such riches or generosity until she came to the Citadel. She wondered if the price of all this was her childhood or had the council truly not known what had been happening to her for all those years.

"Come in" she whispered softly, knowing the werewolves on the other side could easily hear her.

The door opened wide as 7 males stepped into the room. They gathered around her desk as she wrote some notes about the ancient texts for the librarians to read later. Her ability in languages was unparalleled to any being living in this realm, so she had a heavy workload that she was required to work through.

Damon sighed as he looked at her, back perfectly straight, ankles crossed, rigid position, writing neatly on the pages in front of her. She was not the same girl that had come here 3 years ago. The Seven had 'adopted' her which allowed her to grow, flourish and even surpass them. She had come pale, with marks, bruises and burns on every part of her body the first time he had laid eyes on her. His wolf at the time howled loudly and sadly, joined in by the other six males, at the thought of anyone harming such an angelic creature. They were ordered to train her, defensively and offensively in hand-to-hand and in weaponry. Her wolf had never appeared, years of abuse could do that to a pup.

"Kitten," he said as he laid a hand on her shoulder. It took a full year for her to not flinch at minimal contact between her and the Seven, though she still flinched at strangers and the council. "Come it's time for Day 3 to start."

He looked over her, gauging how her body was holding up on fighting so many Betas in such a restricted time. The lesser Betas were quickly defeated as predicted by the council, they were able to get through 3/4 of them by the end of Day 2. Damon knew she would do well, her endurance was unmatched but he still worried as a brother would over his little sister.

"Of course, I've just finished this page." She placed her quill down and rose. She was a beautiful female, sought after by many in the Citadel, even though it was forbidden. She had long silver hair, with large grey-blue eyes, a small straight nose and luscious sweetheart lips. She stood at 5'9 with a slender, athletic build from all the strenuous training she had endured over the past three years. She suffered from social anxiety and could never hold anyone's gaze, even if she wanted to. She never saw the lingering gazes from the males around or the matching glares from the  Seven, warning them to stay away.

She had on her training gear, tight shorts and a sports bra, with her hair in a long braid. It was the only time she wasn't in a dress or skirt, she had been raised strictly that women were meant to only be in feminine clothe and it was hard for her to break this routine. She looked around at her brothers, not related by blood but by the time and patience they had spent, rebuilding her trust, mind and body. They all towered over her, with confidence and muscles, at their prime since they were the top ranking at the Citadel.

Thomas pulled on her braid and smiled, "You'll do great today! We all believe in you and no matter what we are proud of you."

Her eyes filled with tears as she tried to blink them away. One fell down her face as she looked away. They always knew what to say, she had been worried about disappointment, not from the Council but from them. The seven of them slowly gathered around her for a group hug. They had learned early on that fast movements startled their little Bambi.

"Come, we'll take you to the training room." Damon stated as they started to fall into position. They had overheard some "talk" about Kitten that worried and angered them. The egos of the defeated Betas were bruised and some weren't taking it well. Lucky shots, tricks, magic, what ever the excuses were for how they were defeated by a teenager. The other gossip were Alphas now wanting to claim her as their Luna. A powerful female meant a powerful pack and powerful heirs.

The council had specifically told the Seven to keep watch over her and make sure she was secured. They formed a diamond formation as they walked through the halls, keeping her safe from those trying to gain a look.

Kitten kept her head down, her feet were light and airy as to not make too much noise. She wasn't good in crowds, she knew this, she really wished she could just appear at the training centre and get this over with.

The council had warned her that she would be fighting Betas from across the world. She had nodded at the time, looking at the ground just agreeing quickly so she could head back to her sanctuary. She had learned early in life not to question her guardians or even look at them if she wanted to survive. So here she was, Day 3 sore, tired and anxious. The males around her stopped at the door and let her proceed threw alone. She gazed around the large room, mostly it was empty except for a table that was at the side holding various pairs of weaponry. The Betas could choose hand to hand or weaponry but no wolf.

She bit her lip at the thought of her wolf and why she wasn't here with her. Did she ever have a wolf? Or maybe she had lost her like some of the years that were blank in her mind. Her questions always remained unanswered. She had researched this from so many books and texts that she was an expert in the field. With the power she had she was certain she had a wolf but she was locked away for now. There just needed to be a stimulant to occur for her wolf to appear, just like all the outside catalysts that buried her.

She sat on her knees, head bent with hands on legs in the centre of the room. She waited for the guards to bring in her first challenge. The room was large so the fight wouldn't be hindered. The ceilings were high, higher than any wolf could jump and there were mirrors at the top part of the walls. She was aware that they were two-way mirrors so others could study her. She was a prodigy, so they said and many wanted to feast their eyes upon such a rarity. She slowed down her breathing and heart to not let her opponents know her fears. There she sat waiting for the opposing doors to open so that she could "perform" for the audience.

She closed her eyes.
Waiting