55.

Just a heads up that Kitten's memories aren't complete or orderly.

Kitten's Mind

It was dark for a while until I was let out of the cage. They took my hand an hurried me out, we left the darkness, they told me it had been 3 years since anyone had seen me.

They had made a mistake. Now I was going to go live in a pack again, with a lady. I had no opinion, I had no thoughts, just that there was light and I was out of the dark.

—————————————————

I woke up in my small bedroom, wooden floors and plain white walls. The sun was just peaking into the window meaning I was already late for chores.

I scurried out of bed, throwing clothes on before heading to the animals. I fed the chickens, goats and cows. Then I started on the large garden, handing plucking the weeds, watering the plants, picking the vegetables.

A crow landed on my shoulder pecking my head hard enough to draw blood. I winced silently, slowing turning to the cabin, she was standing outside looking furious.

I looked up to the sun frowning, I was fifteen minutes late.

I ran quickly through the muddy garden to her. I opened my mouth to apologize but instead felt her hand on the back of my neck. She shoved me into the outdoor shower, spraying the cold rain water in my face.

I shivered from my drenched clothing but her eyes remained impassive.

"You're late. You know what that means?" She asked.

I nodded slightly, bowing my head and rubbing my neck. No food today.

"Now get to it," she yanked my shoulder harshly throwing me inside. I sat down on a thin blue mat, closing my eyes and leaving my body.

——————————————————

I was so tired. I didn't sleep anymore. I couldn't. Ever since I learned that I could astral project by myself I would travel the worlds.

I wasn't lonely anymore, I could speak to others, go to libraries or museums. She didn't know of course, she chalked it up to the lack of food and water. But if she ever found out i don't know what would happen to me.

Tonight I went to a place where people were dancing. They were all older than me, I changed my appearance so I looked their age. I watched all night them grinding their bodies, sweating, kissing, yelling, fighting. It was all so different from my life. So much more than the small cabin on the outskirts of the pack. The pack that had never seen me, the pack that ignored us, once more I was a lonely wolf surrounded by people.

———————————————————

A sharp slap met my cheek knocking me back into my body. I gasped loudly as my soul rushed back into my flesh.

"You've been searching for months!" She seethed. "Where is he?" She paced the room agitated by the lack of progress.

My body crumpled forward, exhaustion took over, my body shivered even though it was a warm summer day. I had been up for days with her searching. She had become desperate, clawing at her own hair and face.

"It's you." She rounded on me. "You're...," she trailed off looking over my body. "Sick." She mumbled to herself listing off a ingredients she needed.

"I'll be back in 2 hours." She gave me the look. The look that dared me to try anything. I nodded absently while resting on the wooden floor. The door slammed making the cabin shudder, leaving me alone once again.

————————————————-

I stumbled into town my wobbly legs leading to salvation. A group of teens up ahead paused and paled. My body lurched forward as I hobbled to the pack house. I needed to get to the pack house.

I saw the big house appear at the next street over. My feet carried me through the front door, tripping on the rug and falling on my face.

Screams sounded off around, warm hands lifted my body and brought it to a bed. I tried to listen to the rapid firing instructions and questions.

"How long has it been since we've seen her?"

"I've never seen her."

"Two years ago? She got here two year?"

I faded in and out, time passed quickly and slowly. A hand grasped my arm manipulating a poking apparatus in it.

Quickly a grabbed the hand, my eyes slowly adjusted to the light looking at the dark scared eyes.

"Please don't leave me alone." I begged the woman. If I was left alone she could take me back. I shivered harshly my whole body convulsed spastically. The woman cooed and pet my arm trying to calm me.

"Please just stay." My voice cracked while a tear rolled down my face. I hadn't cried in such a long time, tears got me no where but pain.

My mind skipped accidentally into hers, it had been long since I had been around an open mind. Her mind was only on a single image, my image.

I was a skeleton, my skin hung off my bones, my face was sallow, pasty and dry. My hair was thin and listless.

She was horrified.

We didn't have mirrors at the cabin, the reflection in water was always distorted. I knew I lost weight but since it was so gradual it wasn't alarming.

To her, the nurse, I was a grotesque form of abuse. A wolf's spirit could live a lot longer pushing our body to extremes, unlike a human.

"Please."

———————————————————

My slight body trembled as I saw the castle, it appeared out of no where. I smelt the magic encapsulating us.

A regal man stood out front waiting for the car followed by 7 tall males in a defensive position behind him.

The car stopped, my care taker led us out and to the man. They spoke together as I bowed my hand and clasped my hands. I paid no attention to their conversation, if I was privy to it they would have included me.

Behind them one of the males stared curiously at me, I caught his eyes through my lashes. His eye softened and gave me a kind smile.

It stunned my body. I got pitying smiles, sad smiles, grimaces but it had been long since I had a genuine smile.

My lips turned upwards as my face morphed into something long forgotten.

"Kitten!"

The scene darkened, fading into oblivion.

———————————————————

Hades POV

I was in the middle of combat training when I felt the fear from Brydon. He was angry and scared, calling upon our bond. It meant one thing.

Kitten.

My demon roared loudly, shaking the ground I stood on. My subjects instinctively bowed, dropping to their knees with their head on the ground.

A portal appeared instantaneously beneath my feet, slipping into the Earthly realm.

I was already in my demon form as I appeared in front of the pack hospital. I ripped the door off the hinges throwing it behind while I stomped through the hallways.

Gasps.

They had never seen a demon or a demon like mine. I smelt Brydon and Kitten heading towards a waiting room I saw Brydon being held back by his Beta and Gamma.

My aura changed, darkening, my eyes glowed deep red, my fangs descending, dripping with venom.

"Where is my mate."