9.

Alpha Brydon's POV

He looked down at his mate who was sleeping in his arms, he flight was long and wore Kitten out. They had landed in the pack's private airport and were now driving back to the main pack house. He had informed his mother and sisters who were coming up from their more Southern parkland parts. His wolf was on edge though, bringing in an Alpha female meant that other she-wolves could challenge her for her position. He wondered if Kitten knew this, she was so docile and quiet, he couldn't really believe that she took down so many Betas.

She started to shuffle in his arms the closer they got back to the pack. Her eyes started to flutter open, her violet eyes flew open and a small gasp escaped her. He felt her shudder slightly, turning her head to look outside. He wondered what had woke her up.

"I can see your pack," she looked around smiling and bouncing slightly.

"What's that?" Alex woke up sleepily looking about.

She pointed to the sky and smiled brightly.

Both the Alpha and Beta stared at her still confused.

"Your pack land I can see that we're on it, it looks like red. The Citadel was grey ish and I could see where the pack land stopped.." she trailed off. May be she shouldn't have said anything as she clasped her hands together and bowed her head.

"No, no don't do that," Brydon tilted her chin back up and looked into her eyes. "I'm glad you can see our pack land borders, it means that you'll always know where you should be." He smiled at her brightly, he didn't want her to feel bad about her abilities. "This is your home forever now baby," he leaned over and snuggled into her silver hair sniffing deeply. His wolf calmed down slightly but still pressed Brydon to speak to her about the upcoming challenge. "Kitten do you know what happens when an Alpha brings home his mate to his pack?" He tried to softly breach the subject.

"When an Alpha male brings his Alpha female to his pack any female can challenge for this position. If the new Alpha female loses to the original pack female she remains the Alphas mate but not the Luna," she recited her knowledge back to Brydon. She smiled brightly at him knowing she was correct, she had a form of photographic memory and this was one of the books she was allowed to read when she was a pup.

"Yes baby girl so that means when we get back this might happen right away.. you might have accept right away and multiple challengers." His wolf growled into his mind loudly, raging at the thought of his own pack hurting his mate.

The SUV pulled up to the gates of his community, to the outside world it looked like an upscale residence with security at the entrance. The driver nodded at the security guards and continued on to the pack house. The pack had gathered outside the pack house to greet them, it was August right now so kids were playing and running around on the front lawns. The pack house was a mansion, it housed all the pack that were single or didn't want to live in their own houses. Since the pack was scattered throughout the States and Canada it had to have multiple spare rooms for the warriors that came to train and left afterwards to their original towns. At the front of the gathering were a bunch of she wolves, his smile fell quickly and a scowled replaced it. The car pulled up and stopped in front of the pack, he turned to his mate and looked at her one last time before they got out. She was smiling, brightly for some reason.

"You're smiling ?" He questioned .

"Yes !" She whispered loudly, still bouncing on her seat. "I've never really had a pack and you said this was our pack. Before I wasn't allowed to interact with anyone besides my guardian" she smiled at the females who were scowling at the SUV. They couldn't see into the car because of the tint but they knew who was in there.

"Okay baby well we'll get out and then you get to face your challengers...." His sentence ran on as his worry increased. She nodded a lot, he unbuckled his seat and opened the door. He looked at his pack with a slight frown as they all avoided his gaze, some stretched their necks out as his dominance started to leak out. He held his hand for her as a delicate pale hand was placed in it. He could feel some she-wolves shuffle in place, their wolves starting to press forward.

Kitten stepped out with her head bowed but hand remained in her Alpha's.

"I, Gemma Scott, pack warrior challenge the new Alpha Female for her position." A 5"8, muscular brunette stepped forward with 5 other females following suit. They were all smirking at the new female, she looked meek and docile, not worthy of that position.

"I, Kitten Winters, accept. Shall we go to the gym for the challenge?" She kept her head down but her voice never wavered and held strongly.

The females started to move down the street towards a large gym building. Most of the female wolves moved to follow and watch the fight. The males stayed where they were as Brydon stared all of them down daring them to move. He glanced at Alex mindlinking him, "Your sister better be there to referee the fights." Alex nodded slightly as his sister was already following the females, tall and proud similar in looks to Alex. Attractive, always smiling and blonde, standing at 5"7 with a long strong gait . She was the packs Beta female, strong, kind and unwavering, Brydon trusted her with Kitten, he just hoped he could trust the rest of his pack.