7.

Her POV

Kitten smoothed her white dress and glanced in the mirror again, she paused at her reflection. She didn't know what the dinner was about but her stomach was gnawing away at itself because of it.

Waking up the in medical wing wasn't a regular event for her, actually allowing a doctor near her hadn't happened in years. She woke up to her seven brothers surrounding her anxiously awaiting her coming too. Each of them was touching some part of her body, confirming to them that she was safe and alive. Their wolves were enraged at how careless the council was with her, allowing he to fight so many Betas and not rest in between them, made their fur stand on edge. All fourteen eyes were on her when her body started to show signs of awakening. She remembered each of their faces with anger, worry and sorrow. She desperately wanted to wipe those off and replace it with smiles. She hugged each of them and apologized quietly while looking at her fingers, it was never her intention to hurt them.

Adrian, her Russian teddy bear glared at her for a moment, then softened and stated" Никаких извинений не нужно"

No apologies needed.

They told her of the upcoming dinner she had to attend to tonight against their better judgement, they wanted her to rest. She smiled brightly at all of them, never whispering a complaint to them and asked if anyone could carry her to her bedroom. She giggled all the way back as they passed her back and forth between themselves.

She now turned to the two women that were helping her get dressed.
"Do I look presentable" She questioned, tilting her head.
They both nodded vigorously, both proud of the work they had done with her light makeup and braided hair.
She bowed her head slightly to them and checked the clock, she had time to stop by the library and drop some work off if she was quick. She gave the two a quick kiss on the cheek and gathered some of her books and papers, rushing down the hall towards the library. She made it there in record time even in these things called heels. She frowned at them slightly, as she was never put in them before she couldn't think of why there was an advantage of wearing them. She thought back to her ancient texts, drawing a blank unless they were horse riding later? Or may be they could be used as a weapon, the heel point was very sleek and narrow. She shook her head of these thoughts and hurriedly placed the books and papers down at the head librarian's desk.
He looked up at her beamingly "You look magnificent and you finished these texts!"

Her cheeks started to flush pink as she nodded shyly, she wasn't used to such comments from the old werewolf, they mostly discussed languages and ancient history. "I can't stay, I need to hurry to Alpha dinner," she waved quickly as she turned and fled the library. Twists and turns of the hallway until she stood outside a large mahogany door. She straightened her posture and bowed her head down as she opened the door. The guard inside gave her a once over, slowly, his eyes lingering on her more than necessary. He made a sound, remembering his place and made the announcement. Her stomach flip flopped at the sight of so many Alphas in one room and her trapped in it. She calmed her nerves and moved forward to the assigned seating. Her nose twitched at the smells engulfing her but one stood out, like a fresh snow fall, or a springs day. What was that? At the back of her mind something was clawing to the front.

Mate

In all her seventeen years she had never heard another voice in her head. She was desperately lonely as a child and wished for her wolf to come early but it never appeared. 

I'm Amethyst, your Valkyrie

Her mind went a mile a minute, valkyrie, valkyrie.... like the ancient angels? No pure valkyrie existed now, but thousands of years ago they lead the angel race. She stopped in front of her name, well not really her name, the name the council came up with and gave her papers for so she actually existed in the world. Kitten Winters.
She stiffened slightly as she glanced up through her eyelashes at the male across from her. That's him, mate, he was indescribable. He was a giant amongst the males here, his light blonde hair looked so luscious she wanted to run her hand through it and his eyes, dark blue and trained on her every movement. He had tattoos peeking out from under his suit at his  hands, she wanted to trace them and see where they led. Her cheeks darkened further as she took her seat. She tore her eyes away from him and tried to focus on the councilman at the head of the table on a few seats away from her. She held her hands in her lap and than bowed her head at the mention of her name, she didn't want to be the main topic at hand. Why couldn't they have done this without her??

"You see Ms. Winters is not an ordinary werewolf, she is much more. Even at a young age she held so much promise. She had such power, that needed to be hidden away and tamed." The councilman started.

She paled slightly at the words, promise, hidden? She was locked away for years without their knowledge and were trying to say otherwise. He touched on her healing abilities, endurance and control of the elements as examples of her power. But now as she was almost 18 she needed new instructors and she needed to be reintegrated into werewolf society.

"Therefore Ms. Winters will be going with Alpha Brydon and Beta Alex to their pack in North America. They proved that they have something still to teach our Kitten as she lost to them." The councilman disdainfully state the last part and looked sharply at her.

She bowed her head further, trying to somehow become smaller than she was. She didn't need to embarrass herself additionally by smelling her nervousness. She noticed that her mate stiffened at the councilman's words as well. She took this time to glance beside him as well, Beta Alex was staring back at her. Her lips trembled slightly at the thought that her mate was Alpha Brydon. She started to recall any information on him she could; Argenti Lunar, British Columbia and parts of the U.S., one of the largest pack, ancestors from Italy.. Her thoughts rattled off all the stored knowledge as Amethyst made her way to the front of her mind and stared at her mate.

Listen. If you concentrate you can hear others thoughts around us. This is Alpha Brydon, he's going to take us away from here, away from the council. Amethyst detested the council for toying with Kitten's life all these years. Her eyes slowly changed purple as she cocked her head back to the council. She stared at them in the eyes, they didn't deserve her submission or her respect and she was outwardly showing it.

The councilman frowned slightly at Kitten's change in appearance and mannerism, but wrapped up his speech. " We will still keep Kitten's identity a secret as ordered by the council. No one outside this room will speak about her, you will tell your packs that you were issued a challenge and failed to succeed. Other than that Ms. Winters name should remain off your lips except of course the Argenti Lunar Pack, they will take other precautions in how to keep her secured. Now the dinner may commence" He clapped his hands as waiters stepped forward with food and drinks for the special guests.

Brydon's POV

 Alex and I nodded slightly at the mention of their pack but my eyes couldn't keep off of gaze  Kitten.

"That's her, my mate," Mindlinking Alex, my wolf was purring and chirping loudly in our head at the female.

Alex's heart skipped a literal beat, "So you're saying I fought and choked my new Luna... Fuccckk man," his wolf was pissed and he started to swear. This was the worst first impression ever. 

Literally.

My wolf snarled at the memory of the fight, muscles tightening, I leaned forward to grab a drink in attempt to calm down. I looked over at my beautiful mate who's eyes were now a lavender colour and who's face was stoic. I wanted nothing more than to jump the table and have her in my arms. I wanted to hear her speak, her succulent voice and to bathe in her scent.

"It's fine, you were ordered by the council just like she was, she'll forgive you, she's your Luna." I attempted to reassure my Beta that him beating her wouldn't ruin their relationship, hopefully. 

Clearing my throat I attempted to gain my mate's attention. Her eyes snapped to mine.

"I'm Alpha Brydon and this is my Beta Alex." I nodded towards the embarrassed male. " We'll be leaving tomorrow morning to our pack in B.C," I stated, revelling in the phrase our pack. I felt bad that she didn't have more time to say goodbye but it was unwise for both the Alpha and Beta to be absent from their pack for too long.

Kitten nodded in agreement, even with her eyes cast down he could see her eyes slowly changing to a blue grey. "It's nice to meet you Alpha," my mate whispered. Her voice was so sweet and melodic it called to my wolf. I wanted for her to continue speaking but realized she was really shy, that  and this wasn't the time or place for twenty questions. This was a political mind field and I needed to keep alert  for both their safety. 

I smiled and nodded beaming at my previous mate. My wolf cursed the table that sat between them, but soon, soon we could be alone with our mate.

 Than my mind could wander to all my wildest fantasy's.