61.

Damon's POV

I was watching Kitten give us a tour of her house; smiling, giggling and trembling with excitement. We had dropped our luggage off in each of our respective guest room. It was amazing how large the Alpha's house was, we took a bedroom each on the second floor.

We had ended the tour on the fourth floor at her personal work space. It was a large library full of Kitten's collections of rare books, potions, cauldrons, plants, gems and whatever else a sorceress could ever need.

She happily dragged Thomas around the room talking about each plant and what they could be used for.

We all smiled happily at our little sister, it was everything she's ever wanted.

At the castle she never asked for anything, just access to the library but we all knew she could do so much more if given the chance.

Thomas dutifully listened as she switched from English to Latin in her descriptions. He stroked her hair and braided it like he use to when we all lived together.

We all felt the gigantic hole Kitten had left when she departed from the Citadel. A lot of us had left our former packs at a young age as per the council's request. The seven of us grew up together as adolescents becoming our own family. It was an honour to be chosen to become an elite guard at the Citadel but we weren't allowed to visit our homes. It's why they chose kids that were orphaned or parents did not want them, the transition was easier.

The exception was Cooper and Maximus who were twins and James who had found his mate, one of the librarians in the castle. He had found her when Kitten insisted he visit the restricted part of the library with her. Kitten knew they were meant to be together, she just made sure it happened.

She turned with a knowing smile towards James, waving him over. "When are they due?"

James froze for a moment, looking down at Kitten. "Hh..how...what...hope?"

Kitten giggled loudly, petting his arm in comfort. "I saw them, the birth at least. By accident." She added on as if she was guilty for seeing the future.

"You owe me 10 dollars." Thomas held his hand out to the twins.

"You bet on if Kitten knew about the pregnancy?" James eyes were wide. "Also I didn't tell you guys!"

We laughed as his voice got higher at the end, "We could smell it on her James. We're all not fortunate enough with the gift of precognition." Maximus said.

"You're also forgetting Kitten said twins." Cooper added.

Maximus grabbed onto Kitten's arms and picked her up, "Twins. I'm having twins?"

Kitten kept giggling before stilling for a moment. "Oh you should answer that."

James's phone rung loudly and obnoxiously. "Stop doing that." James said before answering his cell.

"You're good." The twins said in sync.

Kitten sighed happily as she was set back on the ground. "I love it when you guys do that." She looked at the twins lovingly.

"Come downstairs I'll make you something to eat and than we can go to the training grounds to meet the pack." She ushered us out of her room quickly before the door closed by itself and locked.

—————————————————

Kitten's POV

We were running in the forest, the guys trailing behind as I pushed for a better time. I gripped the straps of the backpack I was wearing as I sprinted up a hill. We each put fifty pounds on our back and raced around the property. I saw the training grounds up ahead as I took off in a full out run. Laughing as I heard the guys groan and trail after me.