65.

Kitten's POV

My brothers stayed for a few more days before they were called back to the Citadel. They promised to visit again near Christmas or January, whenever the council would allow them some leave.

I spent the next couple of days scouting the perimeters of of the pack lands. Their sentinels were great at concealing their whereabouts but I had a feeling or tuition about their trackers. They hadn't really been needed since their pack was so large but that was something I could train the new recruits in.

I sat in a tree listening to the forest, how peaceful it was, I looked down as the warriors rotated onto their shifts and others left. They still hadn't noticed me sitting above them but I wasn't too concern. They would have to be more in-tuned with their Luna's presence or bond. It was hard thinking about how many people I was in charge of, considering I was never in charge of anything, not even myself.

I reached out to all the pack bonds feeling exactly how many souls that were attached to me. It was soothing in a way, I could feel the old, new and even those not in our pack but just visiting.

Even with all this peacefulness I felt something coming. Ever since I allowed my mates into parts of my mind, the future started to become clearer. Hades was forming a plan or path; I could see the underworld but I could also see some European country. I frowned slightly at the two tracks ahead of us huffing.

I cuddled myself trying to console my unease. I hated seeing the future, it was always dangerous, especially if anyone was told of my powers. That was clear when she was charged with being my guardian.

My ears perked up as I heard pups playing near the forest with the daycare workers.

Pleaseeee let me play with them.

Row had become more demanding this week, wanting to take control and play with others. I rubbed my temple wondering if their was an equivalent demon 'full moon'.

I jumped off the tall evergreen, landing on my feet with a light thump. The patroller's head snapped up, finally noticing my presence. I nodded at them before taking off running towards the children. I broke out of the forest and into the clearing where all the children were playing tag or soccer. I smiled lightly at the carefree kids, I would do everything in my power to keep them safe.

Row shuffled around in my head pressing on my barriers.

Puhhhleeassseeee.

Row begged loudly, whimpering softly in my head. I sighed loudly. Fine. But you will give me back control when I ask.

Yep. Yep. Yeppity.

We quickly switched over, horns grew out of my head. We smiled with teeth as the kids waved and ran to us. They pulled on our arm dragging us towards the centre of the clearing.

"Play with us Luna! Close your eyes." They wrapped a piece of fabric around my eyes before spinning me around. I counted down from 20 before I was allowed to find them.

We giggled as the kids were whispering loudly about coming up behind and pulling on my dress. I reached out as I walked the grounds carefully, as I listened for their footsteps. Two came up behind, their tiny hands inching towards my hem before I grabbed them both up in my arms.

They screeched loudly making us flinch and than laughed loudly.

"Can we touch your horns Luna?" I tilted my head towards the voice, shaking our head no. I took back control from Row for a moment. Horns were a sensual part of a demon and that would be a very intimate spot for them to touch. I'm not surprised they didn't know anything about demons, they would be raised to learn about wolves and the Goddess.