5.

She sat on King bed, gazing out the window watching the clouds pass. She could tell the incoming weather looking at the cloud patterns, the time of day due to the sun's position and where she was in the world from the flora and fauna

A knock on the door drew her attention. Inhaling she smelt female wolves and beckoned them in. She smiled sweetly at the Omegas that had come to give her the breakfast she missed. Omegas weren't lowly on the totem pole here, they all have specialized abilities that they were born with. The ability to be unnoticed, the ability to gauge feelings and help soften them, the ability to view other werewolves ranks etc. The council had long recognized their talents and placed them into roles that better suited their nature of caring and nurturing others.

Kitten recognized the females and rouse from the bed to start her day.

"It's okay, I'm fine" she said softly. Kitten hid the her feelings, thoughts and auras from all others except for her Seven.

They smiled at her and nodded, placing her breakfast on the bed because the desks were cluttered with papers and books. They left quietly, with a small click of the door.

She sighed, and nibbled on her vegan meal. She was odd in the werewolf community, she couldn't stand eating parts of others, she couldn't rationalize it, specifically since she could feel animals auras and discern their moods.  Since her wolf hadn't risen, she didn't need to eat meat and stopped when given the option.

She exhaled, stretched her arms above her and she wanted today to be over already. Being harassed by others hadn't occurred since she had arrived at the Citadel and it had brought up painful memories. Kids were cruel, teenagers more so and adults were the worst. Werewolves had super senses yet they turned a blind eye to those that tormented her.

She shook off those thoughts making her way out of the room. She quietly stepped through the corridors, keeping to the shadows, avoiding others. She knew an escort was necessary but she wanted to be alone. She didn't want to face up to the Seven and their disappointing looks, pity or may be even anger. She bit her lip, turning the corner, walking through corridors to the training room.

———————————————————

Beta Rylan POV

After sleeping in the medical bay my wolf and I were going stir crazy. I glanced over at my Alpha and Alpha Brydon that were still hovering at my bedside.

"I really didn't mean to stab her like that," I had groaned exhaustedly, my mind had gone over the fight hundreds of times. I never meant to hurt her like that, the goal was to make your opponent yield not almost kill them.

"She just landed.. on my sword.. or I was defending my torso? " I wasn't even sure now. Sighing I massaged my temple.

My wolf was so upset about exchange, the wolf had made a special attachment to her the first time he saw her. Every time I went over the stabbing his wolf growled in my head, scolding and yelling at me. Especially when I looked up at those big doe eyes and her soft, shaky voice saying "Yield". I sighed throwing my head back on the pillow.

The doctor came over and presented the discharge papers. Signing them quickly, I jumped out of bed, flashing the Alphas with the gown opening. I heard my Alpha sigh loudly making me chuckle. I gathered the spare clothes some Omega had brought me and changed quickly.

"I want to see the last fight, between her and Alex, that alright?" I asked looking over at Alpha Brydon.

"Yeah, we can head over now, it should start soon. Someone would come get me if it had already started." Brydon said trailing off.

We made our ways through the confusing layout of the citadel, following our noses back to the training facility's viewing room. Even more council people, higher ranking warriors and high ranking Alphas had turned out for the fight. Some chairs were arranged at the front and one was reserved specifically for Brydon to watch his Beta.

Whispers of an attack made my ears perk up. Something had happened between an Alpha, Betas and a female. An attack in the citadel was practically unheard of since everyone knew the  the consequences and punishment that would occur. The only silent wolves in the room were seven males gathered quietly at the last window, all with clouded eyes and serious looks.

"What's up with the head warriors?" I asked. Both the Alphas looked over at the men and shrugged.

"May be the attack? They would have to deal with the aftermath of a 3 on 1 fight," Alpha Ryder stated.

Rylan looked over at Brydon and tilted my head. I could see the Alpha was unsettled, especially his wolf that kept peeking out. He raised his eyebrows to Ryder who shook his head and dismissed him. Whatever was upsetting Brydon he hadn't divulged it to anyone.

Movement from below made everyone's heads turn to the windows. The Seven leaned into the windows trying to get a better view and Brydon's muscles tightened. I looked down at the slight female who walked into the room and sat down on her knees, waiting just like she had done for his fight. My wolf was clawing my mind trying to break out, he didn't like the idea of her fighting the next day after her impalement. But of course it wasn't up to me it was ultimately up to the council.

Her POV

Her body hummed and buzzed, she was trying to calm herself before the fight, she had never felt this way before. Something was coming, essence knew it, it was now anticipating it. The opposite doors opened once more and a male stepped in, for once she lifted her head to gaze at the male. He was 6'4, blonde, built like a Beta needed to be, with a full arm tattoo, he was dressed in black basketball shorts and a black tight t shirt. She let her magic feel him, concentrating on his ethos, his soul and why it was intertwined with hers. The guard spouted off the rules once more as she reigned in her magic, calming her breathing and heart beat.

The Beta smile, nodded at Kitten while looking over at the weaponry. His hands grazed over a few different weapons, settling on the single-head Meteor Hammer. She lowered her gaze knowing that it took mastery to use that weapon, it wasn't easy to control and could easily hurt the person wielding it. She swallowed thickly, rising from her knees to take the other meteor on the table, she gently took the metal chain in her hands and returned to her starting position. She shakily exhaled knowing that this would be a difficult confrontation.