67.

Kitten's POV

I sit down watching everyone else clear the table. They insisted since I made it that I'm not allowed to help clean. I tap my fingers against the table nervously as I wait for dessert.

Something is coming.... no someone.

Amethyst feels a change in the pack borders, someone has crossed over. I shifted my gaze expectantly at the woods at the back of the yard. I rouse off my seat and faced the forest edge.

I guess no one else sensed the intruder as the chatter in the kitchen never ceased.

A cloaked entity floated out of the forest, stepping onto the grass I felt dark eyes stare at me. Like a hazy dream I pulled at my memories trying to place it... her.

My mouth moved before my mind registered, "Hecate."

She nodded beneath her cloak moving to the deck where I stood. Her hand reached out in greeting pulling at mine she placed a chaste kiss upon it.

"My queen." Her voice rasped. I now saw the dark chocolate eyes beneath the black robe. Perfect complexion. She looked about thirty but I knew she was ancient. A goddess of magic could make herself appear as anyone.

I waved off the title, offering her a chair to sit at, "It's just Kitten." I sat down beside her, straightening my posture and leaning forward.

"Mm if you wish my queen but we both know that, that isn't your real name." She crooked an eyebrow up with a slight smirk on her face.

I bowed my head in acknowledgment. I didn't use my 'real' name. I didn't even know if that was my given name or just one that a guardian had given me. The Citadel chose not to use it as a way of "protection" or a way of not giving me full answers.

"I'm Hades guest, as you are well aware now." Her head bowed towards the door as Hades exited the house.

"Hecate, always on time." He stated before pulling out the chair beside me and sitting. He placed his hand on my thigh for comfort. I leaned into his arm for a bit of comfort. I wasn't too sure why she was here in the first place.

"I'm here to teach you." She answered with knowing eyes. "You need to prepare for your coronation, the underworld, controlling your demon.." She listed off more but I was stuck on coronation. I had completely forgotten that I would have to help run Hell as well as the pack.

How would I be a good Luna if I wasn't on Earth. Or how would I rule the Underworld if I was in another plane of existence.

"Child." A hand was brought under my chin and pulled my attention back to gleaming bright eyes. "You worry too much. Let us take it one step at a time." She clapped her hands together making me jolt.

"Dessert first."

——————————————————
Brydon's POV

All four of us sat around the fire pit, watching Hecate instruct Kitten. They had started with basic magic and quickly moved to advanced practice.

"Can you open a portal yourself? Or how about change the weather? What about a vortex or black hole?" Hecate fired off questions which were really commands at Kitten.

My mate looked up to the sky. The sun was now setting with orange-pink clouds in sight. Her eyes changed to violet as it clouded over in grey and snow flakes began to fall. In September. When it was still 18 degrees out. (Celsius) .

Her face furrowed as she concentrated on the ground between them. A small black circle appeared, swirling in nature as it grew one metre in diameter.

It closed up rapidly, just as the skies cleared. Kitten sat down and started drawing on the ground before pressing her hand flat against the grass, opening a portal.

Hecate walked closer looking at the entry Kitten had summoned. "This goes to.. Fae lands..." She murmured, her hand closed into a fist which demolished the portal. "How do you know how to get there?"

Kitten's violet eyes clung to the witches for a moment before falling back to the ground. "I don't know. It just came to me."

Hecate nodded before rolling her shoulders out. "You are advance in magic, but mostly light magic. Dark magic will be apart of your demon side. That is where we shall start. Tomorrow at 10 we will travel further into your lands and practice together."

"The mountains?" Kitten asked, her eyes fading back to her normal blue grey.

"Yes my perceptive Queen, where no one will get hurt when we summon dark creatures." Hecate had a wicked smile on as she grinned at Kitten and then Hades.

I glanced over at the God who still remained impassive. Though I could feel through the mate bonds some apprehension. I didn't have to ask Apollo if he liked this since he was already growling in my head about allowing a powerful witch go off alone with our mate. It did set us on edge though that Hades wasn't completely trusting.

I looked back at Kitten who was determinedly nodding at her new teacher. At least that made one of us sure about this.

Hecate bowed towards Kitten and than Hades, giving me a nod in recognition before fading away, leaving the pack grounds. My hands twitched as Apollo wanted to drag Kitten into his arms and lock her away upstairs.

"Welllllll.... she's something." Bec said. Alex stood up beside her stretching overhead.

"Something creepy." He muttered. "I'm getting more pie, anyone else?" He offered as everyone else shook their head.

Kitten skipped over towards the fire before plopping down onto my lap. She leaned into my chest and wiggled slightly while trying to get comfortable. She kissed my neck, my cheek and than my lips.

"It'll be okay daddy." She whispered into my ear. "She's just trying to help me."

I looked into Kitten's eyes with adoration and love. Kissing her forehead and than all over her face, I elicited giggles from my mate.

I didn't look over at Hades but I knew he was staring at me.

We'll speak later.

Hades promised me as Alex quickly ran over with his heated up pie, complaining about it burning his mouth.

Kitten laughed while summoning the wind to cool his dessert off. I inhaled at the crook of her neck calming my wolf.

Everything will work out. I just had to trust in my mate.

Sorry it's so short I worked a twelve hour shift today! And I wrote this after getting home. Hopefully this reads okay I didn't get a chance to look it over.