83.

Hades's POV

I slipped silently through the edges of the room within the shadows. I was stalking my mate who had seemingly disappeared in the midst of a hoard of demons.

Even hiding amongst high ranking demons I still gained looks of jealousy and lust. I gave them all a smirk with a raised eyebrow. We hadn't been in the same room for an eon. I knew for a fact that some of them wanted to reenact my former parties. Or as they were better known as orgies.

Now I had my mate and nothing compared to making love to her. Nothing. Even when my hand wrapped around her throat to the point where she was gasped for breath and I was pounding into her so hard that she lost all senses, I was still making love to her. 

I loved her submission.

It is beautiful every time she puts her heart, body and soul in my hands. Aphrodite, Artemis or Fate made me wait for perfection but when I she arrived, she ignited my entire world. 

Many would look at her and not realize that she, she, held all the power. Even on her knees Kitten could make the entire room stop, with just a single word she could make me bow. 

The art of submission; where they place themselves in the most vulnerable positions because they chose to.

Yet I digress. My mate appeared at an arch way with a small child on her hip, twirling the small demon around as they danced to the background music. I growled lowly at the sight of my mate with a kid, thinking of the future when we could have demons or pups. 

Kitten threw her head back giggling loudly at the small girl who was currently tugging on her silver mane. Kitten's hand move to smooth the child's black braids, moving them behind her shoulders and most likely paying the youngling a compliment. 

I smiled at her affectionate behaviour to the demonoid. She had such a loving nature to her, even to strangers her Luna aspects shone brightly. It would be years until we had children but right now I could live vicariously through the small child attached to my mate.

A whiff of fear entered my nose, eliciting a deep inhale and exhale from my lungs. I glanced around the room until I found the Donna of the Japanese mafia frantically searching the crowd. Her eyes were kept lowly to the ground as she hurriedly dashed around the room.  

I slowly stalk my mate, her hips sway back and forth as she slow dances with the girl, they talk quietly amongst themselves only pausing to giggle or squeal. I pause for a moment as I realize that she has never been alone with a kid before, not really at least. There was always pack members around when she interacted with the pups. Even as a kid she wasn't allowed to engage with others her own age. I can feel this through the bond the happiness and the aching longing that her inner child feels. 

Her inner child that can be expressed as Row.

I continue my journey across the room until my hands are on hips, spinning her around to face me. She gasps quietly before melting into my hands, instantly recognizing the tingles that are shooting down her legs as her mate. 

"Hades." She exhales, her smile never leaving her face. "This is my friend, Nox." 

"Hi." Nox squeaks out, placing her face onto Kitten's shoulder to hide herself.

"Nox, this is my mate. He too likes to dress up and then fight with swords." She shifts Nox in her arms as to not allow her to hide. "He's also quite nice." She whisper yells into Nox's ear.

The girl nods slowly, still wary of my presence. It makes sense that she was taught to not trust in strangers, especially those that exude a demonic aura.