21.

Brydon's POV

I placed our bags down beside the door to the garage before heading to the kitchen where Alex and Kitten were, I could hear them quietly chatting. I leaned against the door frame taking a moment to admire my mate, her long pale legs were on display in her pale pink skater dress, with matching hair bow in her high pony. I had a sudden urge to yank on her hair and bit her lips. Her eyes flashed to me as if sensing my need, but most likely smelling my desire.

"Ready?" I questioned making my way to her, slipping my hands around her waist. She nodded tentatively leaning make into my chest. "Alex you'll be okay with Seb to watch the pack for a couple days?" We'd technically still be on pack land but not close to any of the members.

He smirked at me "Course, I'm always up for the job" His nostrils flared smelling my arousal while chuckling to himself, whereas Kitten didn't smell like anything, saving herself from embarrassment she had masked her scent.

I grabbed Kitten's hand leading her to the garage "Make sure the pack doesn't burn down while I'm away." I hollered over my shoulder, scooping up the bags with my other hand we enter the garage. I looked around at my large collection of new and vintage cars admiring them. "Which one should we take baby girl?"

She shrugged giving me a noncommittal answer "Don't they all do the same thing?" She peaked a glance at me before fiddling with my hand.

I mentally facepalmed but held my shit remembering Kitten didn't grow up like I did. "Come let's take the BMW i8" I ushered her to the car while throwing our bags in the back. I buckled her in before turning the car on, it's engine coming alive purring. I revved the engine before changing gears and flying out of the garage, and down the street.

"Do you know how to drive?" I glanced at Kitten before returning my eyes to the road.

She shook her head "No.. I was only ever in a car if I was changing homes." She looked out the side window not facing me. So she'd been in a car may be a dozen times? "But I do know how they work and could fix an engine.. in theory.. there were books on mechanics at the Citadel's library." She trailed off before clasping her hands together in her lap.

"That's alright kitty, it's something I can teach you then." I thought about her upbringing a bit more "You've graduate high school right?" Kitten's head tilted at my question.

"Mmm may be? I've done my studies with tutors, I've studied languages, history, geography, physics, chemistry, magic, physiology..." she kept naming things she studied. I wondered if she ever got the chance to be a normal high school girl.

"Baby, would you like to go to high school? You're 17 so you could still go to the local high school, grade 12. It would be a mix of humans and werewolves though, you'd go in September." Thinking about the date it was mid August I could still enroll her in school, the principal was a pack member it shouldn't be any problem.

"Would you be in grade 12 too? Oh we could have studies together! What do you like to learn?" She smiled widely at me bouncing slightly in her seat.

I smiled lovingly back at her, placing a hand on her cheek "I'm too old baby, I graduated a while ago and went to university. Now I run the pack and own some tech and security companies." Her bouncing stopped as I halted her dreams of us learning together, she pouted a little "But we still get to run the pack together and I'll teach you about our companies" I placed my hand back on the steering wheel as she stopped pouting and started nodding in agreement.

"Yes I want to go to high school.. may be I'll make friends? It was always lonely with just tutors." I nodded thinking about how isolated she must have been, and how little I knew of her childhood. I wanted to rectify that immediately but not cause her another panic attack. "How about we take this car ride as a chance to learn about each other? You can ask me questions and I'll ask you some too."