Prologue

The weather in Camp Jupiter was like any other day, the sky was so blue that Percy was sure that he saw Apollo's chariot if he squinted hard enough. Everywhere he looked, demigods of all ages were strolling leisurely, with a smile plastered onto their face. Percy had already planned to leave Camp Jupiter and all God-related activities. He had already cut ties with people, like  breaking up with Annabeth,  which left her distraught, confused and angry. Very angry.  

He had talked to the Twelve Olympians and asked them to grant him a wish that allowed him to have no connection to his old life. The life that he was currently leaving behind.

He was one step from leaving Camp Jupiter when the scent of salt water whiffed across his nose and pulled him into a trance. Percy found his legs to already be moving towards the Little Tiber at Camp and was already at the bottom of the lake before he realized. His legs seemed to gain control and he was immediately pulled from the trance, when the ground beneath him grabbed ahold his leg and tugged.

The events that followed were a blur or thrashing, kicking and screaming, which all proved to be useless when Percy finally became aware of his surroundings. He opened his eyes and saw nothing. The darkness surrounding him booted his memory back to Gaea, Tartarus, when he heard a voice.

"Percy Jackson, what a pleasure to meet you. I've heard tales of your heroics and I must say. I'm thoroughly impressed." The voice was deep and coarse, a personification of fear and darkness. But there was no body from where the voice originates, only a smoky darkness flitted around the space that he was in. He would never admit it, but Percy felt shivers run down his back.

Percy's answer was wary, clear suspicion emitting from his tone. "Thanks bud, but if you don't mind, I've got places to be and it would be appreciated if you could... ya know... let me go?" Percy knew for a fact that the thing in front, no scratch that, around him wasn't going to give him up so easily. "You know what? Let's cut the chase, what do you want from me? You wanna kill me? Well heads up buddy! Take a number and get in line!"

Percy expected something to jump out and attack him but the only thing he got in response was a dry chuckle emanating from the being. "Young demigod, I do not wish to harm you. In fact, my purpose of this visit is a proposal. Complete this task, and you will be rewarded greatly. Armies of-"

He had no idea what this thing wanted him to do, or why he was talking so formally, but he did know that he was sick and tired of being a player in this absurd game. "Yeah, no thanks. If you don't know this already, Kronos offered be the same thing. Armies of monsters at my disposal, the greatest power I can't even imagine! That's a hard pass. I just want to be left alone. So you either get out of my way, because I won't hesitate to kill you."

"You either come with me willingly, or I'll take you there myself" The voice was getting louder and more impatient with each word. It seemed to notice Percy's reluctance, before Percy realized, the darkness became overwhelming and the feeling of falling was the only thing he felt before his eyes shut into the unknown.

-

Percy awoke with a gasp, and bolting upright. What a crazy dream, he thought, before he realized he was strapped to a metal table. Leather straps encompassed his head, shoulders, wrists, torso and ankles. His hands clenched and fumbled for a lock to undo, anything, to get him out of the bonds that he found himself in.

"Ah, ah, ah. I wouldn't do that if I were you, Twelve."

Ω A/N Ω

Hello and welcome to my first fanfic, sad, I know. I didn't think I'd ever be brave enough to write fanfiction, but here I am. In a way, this book will be my secret love child. No one knows I'm writing this (except a select few friends). Also, I'm currently rewriting this A/N two months later than when I actually  first started this book, but I wanted to touch on a few things before I really got into it. Sorry if this gets long. (you're probably not reading this either way.)

First of all, the characters and most of the plot belong to Rick Riordan and the Duffer Brothers. The plot of Eleven and Twelve was based on AJ Wates' Strange and Stranger. Reading that fic was like a baseline to the plot of this one. 

Secondly, each chapter will be around 2000 words. The chapters are all based exactly (and I mean exactly) off the show. 

Third, feel free to give me suggestions and feedback (spelling mistakes, errors, grammar). I'm always looking to improve (and trust me when I say that I know that I can improve). 

Finally, I will put a Vine at the end of each chapter. After all, we must honour our roots and The Legends TM. 

I SMELL LIKE BEEEEF.

Start Date: 12/26/19

happy reading, mother fuckers (can i even say that????)