Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street V

In the darkly lit space of the Byers' house, Joyce sits on a seat, sleeping with a phone on her lap.

She is awoken by the sound of the phone ringing and she hastily picks the phone up, scrambling to answer.

"Hello?"

She stands up, receiving no answer.

"Hello."

She still receives no answer only a muffled breathing on the other side of the phone. She stammers,

"Who is this?"

"Will?" She whimpers, as the muffled breathing continues.

"Will, it's me." She says, sobbing. "Talk to me. I'm here. Just tell me where you are, honey. I can hear you. Please."

There's a static from the phone and the lights suddenly flicker as she hears, "Mom?" come out of the phone distortedly.

"Will? Yes, it's me. It's me. Where are you? Where are you? Just talk to me--" Electricity crackles from the phone, cutting her off. She screams as she drops the phone onto the couch.

"No! No, no, no! Oh, no!" She sobs as she grabs the phone and throws it on the ground. She sobs on the floor when the hallway light flickers once, twice. She's pulled from her trance when she looks up to see the light flicker again.

"Jonathan?" She follows the lights down the hallway, seeing the lamp at the end of the hall flicker too. "What..."

Suddenly, Should I Stay or Should I Go rings throughout the Byers' house, the music coming from a stereo in Will's room.

The woman walks cautiously down the hallway of her house, leading to Will's room.

She reluctantly opens the door to her youngest son's room to see that the stereo is on, and the lights are flickering. Approaching the lamp that is also blinking, she grabs the lampshade,

"Will... Will, is that you?" The lightbulb to the lamp glows incredibly bright, then everything cuts off. The music turns off and the room is dark once again. She looks out the window, tears in her eyes and her mouth open in agony.

The wall on her left seems to warp, and it looks like something is trying to get into the room. The wall looked like rubber as it stretches. Joyce immediately screamed, running out of the house.

She heard the sound of growling as she ran to her car, attempting to start it.

"Oh my god. Oh my god."

The engine starts but she looks back to see that the music starts playing and the lights are flickering again. She sits in her car, contemplating. She finally decides to walk back into her house, determined to help her son.

-

"I'm freezing." Carol says, drying off with a towel along with the other three teenagers in the room. Their hair, clothes and shoes are completely wet and drenched as the stand in Steve's living room.

"Hmm.. well I hear his mom's room has a fireplace." Tommy says, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Are you kidding?" Steve says, hands in the air as he watched the couple go.

"Oh, yeah?" Carol says, following Tommy as they walk away from the remaining couple.

"Okay, well, you know, you are cleaning the sheets. You all right?" Steve says, walking towards Nancy who is also attempting to dry off.

"Yeah."

"Yeah? Come on, let's get you some dry clothes." She follows Steve as they go up the stairs to his room when someone calls out her name.

"Nance!" The girl in question makes no move to stop ascending. "Nancy." She looks back, stopping on the stairs, staring at her best friend.

"Where are you going?"

"Nowhere. Just... upstairs. To change." She fidgets with the towel wrapped around her body, trying to justify herself under her best friend's watchful eyes. "I... fell in the pool."

Barb just stares at her.

"Why don't you go ahead and go home. I'll just... I'll get a ride or something."

"Nance..."

She only raises her eyebrows, "Barb... I'm fine."

"This isn't you."

"I'm fine." She states adamantly. "Just go ahead and go home, okay?" She turns her back and goes up the stairs. Barb scoffs, standing in the empty hallway.

-

Jonathan's camera lens is focused on the girl facing outside the window from Steve's room. The camera shutter clicks and shuts.

Steve hands Nancy a towel and she smiles at him. The room is dimly lit, with only a lamp in the corner. The both of them are illuminated by the pool's fluorescent colour ,highlighting the features of their face. They stare at each other until Nancy says,

"Some privacy, maybe?"

Steve clicks his tongue, "Oh... yeah, right. Sorry." He turns around, wandering away from Nancy.

She turns back, "Steve?" She holds eye contact with him as she takes off her shirt. She's left standing wearing a lace bra.

He intelligently responds with, "Damn."

She chuckles, "Shut up."

He quickly advances towards her, and they embrace each other and kiss.

Jonathan, still in the bushes, lowers his camera, not fully believing what he's seeing. His face shows the most prominent emotion of disappointment. He decides to not focus on them and rather on the lone girl who sits near the pool.

Barb sits on the diving board, feet in the water, swaying with the waves.

Two clicks of a camera shutter.

The shutter jams and the distinct sound of whirring comes out of it. Jonathan looks down, trying to fix his camera, momentarily taking his eyes off the redheaded girl.

Barb sits, the steam of the pool floating leisurely beside her as she sits silently alone. The blood from her finger leaks into the pool, she looks at her hand, bringing it closer to her face to inspect.

The electricity of the lights behind her pulse, and she's left in the darkness. A shadow looms over her figure, her back turned away from it. It growls, and roars as Barb shrieks. The sound is faint however, and Jonathan looks up, hearing something.

He sees nothing out of the ordinary, the leaves of the overgrowth that he's hiding in blocks his vision of the now empty diving board. He turns around without a second thought, hiking out of the forest.

-

Nancy and Steve sit on his bed, lips connected and moving in sync with one another. In the background, the pool light turns back on, everything appearing to be normal, except for the absence of a redheaded girl. 

Ω A/N Ω

Oh my Goddd, I love Chipotle. Chipotle is my lifeee.

i thought that this chapter was pretty half-assed sooooo. yeaa. 

'The Weirdo on Maple Street' is more of a filler chapter. so sorry if it's boring to you or whatever. 

drop of vote, 

drop a comment, 

or drop dead

it's your decision, mate.