Chapter Six: The Monster III

ok i know that it's relatively late. so enjoy this (kind of) longer chapter. 

vote and comment because it makes me happy. also, feel free to correct any mistakes i have.

"It's okay, Eleven. Don't be frightened. These are all friends." Brenner held her hand as they walked through the testing area. She was barefoot and wearing a suit, in preparation for the experiment to commence. She looked around the large room, taking in the raised platforms where many scientists stood. She craned her neck to see the tall, white ceilings and the lights which were built into the wall rather than the ceiling. "It's okay. They're just here to watch. Don't focus on them. Stay in here," he taps on her forehead, "like before."

She speaks quietly, "Where's Percy?"

He narrowed his eyes, "You mean Twelve? He's already done this experimen- this." He corrected himself, "He's already done this before. Right now, he's..." he trailed off, thinking of a lie, "training."

She nodded and they kept walking. Soon, they ascended the staircase where the lid of a tank sat. A man in a uniform turned the wheel/lock, revealing bubbling concentrated salt water. Another man placed a contraption of wires atop her head as Brenner spoke, "Now, remember. Whatever it is, it can't hurt you. Not from here. So there's nothing to be frightened of. It's reaching out to you... 'cause it wants you. Hmmm? It's calling you... so don't turn away from it this time. I want you to find it." He paused, trying to conjure the one thing that'll tip her over the edge, "You know, Twelve did it too. Do you want to be like him?" El nodded eagerly. "Good. Then if you can do what I tell you, you'd be as strong and courageous as him. Understand?"

She nodded, a smile on her face. She always had a smile whenever she talked about Percy. Brenner nodded back and El stepped onto the platform that will lower her into the solution. They placed a helmet on her head and she emerged fully. A man on the other side closed a door on the outside, leaving her in darkness.

When she opened her eyes, she stood in an endless void.

-

A green 1976 Ford Pinto drove into a lonely house's driveway. Joyce and Hopper exit the car, walking on the driveway to the door.

Hopper knocked on the door, a series of small knocks and they waited patiently for someone to answer on the other side. They watched as a woman pulled back a curtain to inspect who they were. The woman has brown hair with streaks of blonde at the bottom, it's tied back, showing her face properly. She has dark brown eyes and a regular face, making her look like a regular person. The two both give an awkward wave to her and she opens the door.

"Can I help you?"

Hopper responded, "Hi, we're looking for Terry Ives. Does she live here?"

"Who's asking?" She looks them both up and down.

"The Hawkins chief of police." He flashed his badge.

She looked at them up and down again, as if seeing if they're telling the truth or not. "And you want to talk to my sister?"

Hopper nods his head, "Well, if your sister's Terry Ives, then, yeah, we do."

The stranger's eyes flit to the ground momentarily before opening the door reluctantly, "Okay, well, you can come in, but if you want Terry to tell you anything, you're about five years too late."

She lead them to the living room where a woman sits on a chair in front of a television set.

"Terry, you have some visitors." The sister announced. The two walk in and Joyce introduces herself, "Hello. My name's Joyce Byers. Uh, this is Hopper," she gestured to the man behind her, "We drove over from Hawkins. Um, you see, uh, my son... he's been missing for almost a week now, and, um, we were wondering if we could talk to you about your daughter, Jane? If there's anything that you could tell us about when she was taken..."