Chapter Seven: The Bathtub II

i don't know about you man, but if i were the reader i would've dropped this book already 

( ゜─゜)

"This is Randolph Road, right here." Lucas pointed out to the group. He has a stick of wood and two perpendicular twigs attached to it. He drags his hand along the stick of wood. "The fence starts here, and goes all the way around." He points to the top of the wood where the wood and stick meet. "And this is the lab right here." He plops a rock in the middle. He gestures to the rock. "The gate's gotta be in there somewhere. It's gotta be." Percy nodded his head in understanding.

"Well, who owns Hawkins Lab?" Dustin inquired.

"The government, I presume," Percy stated.

"The sign says 'Department of Energy'," Lucas added in.

"Department of Energy? What do you think that means?"

"It means government. Military." Mike cut in.

"Then why does it say 'Energy'?" Dustin asked incredulously.

Percy rolled his eyes, "Trust me. That's where they experimented on El and I. I don't really know the layout of Hawkins, especially since El and I mostly cut through the forest, but this seems pretty accurate. Good job." He slapped Lucas on the back, eliciting a bashful smile from him.

"There are soldiers out front," Lucas informed Percy.

"Do they make, like, lightbulbs or something? Or... do they just test and torture teens and young adults for fun." He quickly turned his head towards Percy and El, "No offence." Percy just chuckled while El remained silent beside him.

Mike made a face, "No. Weapons... to fight the Russians, and commies and stuff."

"Weapons," Lucas repeats.

"You mean like El and Percy? You mean there are more?" Dustin asked incredulously. "What if they have a whole army of brainwashed patients who are even more powerful than Percy? What do we do then? Oh, Jesus, this is bad. Really bad. The place is like a fortress."

Percy rolled his eyes again, chuckling as he slapped Dustin on the back. "Trust me. We were the only two there. I could tell that there were no irregular life forms beside El and me."

"Well, what do we do?"

"I don't know, but we can't go home. We're fugitives now." As if on cue, the sound of a helicopter approaching from a distance became more apparent.

Dustin stuttered, "Guys? Do you hear that?" A black figure emerged from the sky, the silence interrupted by the loud whirring of the aircraft. Immediately, they grabbed their bikes and hid them under the bus.

"Go, go, go, go!"

"Come on, come on!"

Dustin attempted to shove his bike in, "It's stuck!"

Lucas quickly helped, "Hurry up! Hurry, come on!"

"Come on!"

Percy ushered them all inside the bus, closing the flimsy doors behind him. He whisper-shouted at them to get close to the floor and get cover from the windows. The group situated themselves at the back of the bus, using the old cushioned seats as cover and pressing themselves close to the wall, and under the window. The sound of the helicopter receded into the distance.

"Mental," Dustin says.

-

Joyce sighed, as she handed a picture to Hopper, her head in her hands. Joyce sat in a seat in Hopper's office, across from Nancy and Jonathan who watched her carefully. Hopper leaned against his desk as he inspected the photo. "You say blood draws this thing?"