Chapter Six: The Monster II

back at it again with another 2 am chapter :))) i hate myself :)))))))))))

i don't think i say this enough but thank you all for your support. thank you for reading and for voting and commenting. seeing all these things make me very happy, so thank you :)

ok enough sap. here you go.  [vote + comment and all that jazz (no i haven't watched the movie)]

Percy walked under the blanket of stars, luminescent moonlight shining on his face. His steps echoed on the lonely road as he neared the backdoor of the Wheeler house.

He conjured the water in the air into the palm of his hand. He pushed the water into the keyhole with ease, forming a key with the water. He turned the water, feeling as the lock opened, the door swinging open. He retracted the water from the hole, letting it dissipate in the air.

He stepped inside the house, carefully taking his shoes off; he didn't want to leave dirty footprints. He let them stand beside the door, ratty and torn but still structurally sound. They were Mike's dad's old shoes and Mike had stolen them a while back.

He expected Mike and El to be sitting in the basement, one in a makeshift fort and the other on a couch. Instead he found one boy sitting on the couch, fidgeting and lost in thought.

"Mike?" The boy in question raised his head. "What's wrong? Are you okay? And where's El?"

Mike sighed, "I- we got into a fight with Lucas, and El ran off. Dustin and I looked for her but we couldn't find her."

Percy's face fell, "What do you mean you guys got in a fight?" His tone became colder as he spoke each syllable, "What did you do?"

Mike scrambled to defend himself, desperate to not get himself in trouble, "Well she messed with our compasses so that we wouldn't find the gate. Then Lucas found out and he flipped and then El accidentally flung him across the junkyard. Then he was unconscious and then he woke up and then he said that he was gonna look for you so that he could find the gate because you know where it is!" By the end of his word-vomit, he was completely out of breath and his chest was rising and falling erratically.

Percy stood with an expression that can only be labelled as horrified. His eyes were widened slightly but they looked... empty. His mouth was set in a grim line as he attempted to speak, his mouth opening and closing multiple times.

He made his way to the couch, plopping down on it and putting his head in his hands. He whispered under his breath, "Crap." He glanced at Mike who was watching him warily, afraid that he might blow up. "Tell me exactly what happened."

-

After Percy had calmed Mike down and assured him that he wouldn't get mad, Mike had explained in great detail exactly what happened at the junkyard. When he finished, he at least had the decency to look guilty.

"I'm so so sorry! I feel really guilty! I know it got out of hand but Lucas was hurt and I was so distracted and I-"

Percy cut him off mid-rant, "It's okay. I understand. It's a common mistake to get distracted, especially when it happens to your close friends." He sighed, "Don't worry. I'll find her. She won't leave Hawkins without me."

-

"Uh, yeah, it's Ives. Terry Ives. That's with a 'Y'." Hopper stood inside a telephone booth, briefly glancing through the transparent plastic to see Joyce waiting patiently in the passenger seat of her car. "Yeah, I got a pen. Hang on." He slid the cigarette back in his mouth as he attempted to hold the phone between his ear and his shoulder. He shuffled around in the inside of his jacket before pulling out a pen and a notepad. "Mmm-hmm," he said, as he jotted something down. "Mmm-hmm. Great, thanks. I really appreciate this, Frank. Say hi to the boys for me, too, would you?" He puts the phone back on the receiver, exiting the booth. He tossed his cigarette on the road as he made his way to the driver side of Joyce's car. He got in, the car tilting due to his weight.