Chapter Eight: The Upside Down I

updated note: this fic is now discontinued. im sorry to everyone i lied to when i said that i wouldnt drop a fic like other authors T_T 

sooo sorry for the chapter delay. i have, in fact, been busy with schoolwork but i bet you don't care about that. so here's the chapter. btw, this is unedited/unbeta'd because i do not have the braincells to read this again. 

slight trigger warning for cutting/blood

-

In a small interrogation room, a lone woman seated in a metal chair and tied with handcuffs screamed. "Let me out of here!" Joyce yelled in frustration. Her hands shook as she attempted to loosen the handcuffs but to no avail. "Somebody, please! Let me out!"

She instantly fell silent when the click of the door opening alerted her. Her eyes followed the figure of a man who leisurely made his way into the room.

"Your son," Dr. Brenner spoke, "We know you've been in contact with him."

"You have to let me-"

"When... and how did you make contact with him?"

"What?" Joyce asked breathlessly, baffled at his obscure question.

"Hmm? Six."

"What?"

"Six." He took his jacket off, hanging it on a chair opposite of Joyce, "Six people have been taken this week. This thing that took your son... we don't really understand it. But its behaviour is predictable. Like all animals... it eats." He sat down and folded his hands as Joyce quietly seethed. "It will take more sons. More daughters. I want to save them. I want to save your son. But I can't do that. Not without your help."

"Stop," Joyce said, with defiance in her eyes. "I know who you are. I know what you've done. You took my boy away from me! You left him in that place to die!" she screamed poisonously. "You faked his death. We had a funeral. We buried him. And now you're asking for my help? Go to hell."

-

The telltale sound of a taser wrung throughout the dimly lit room. A man fell, his face contorted with pain as the wielder of the weapon towered over him. Hopper breathed heavily, attempting to recover from the pain.

"Okay, now what do you know?" the wielder said.

"Did I stutter?" Hopper asked rhetorically. "I told you. Everything."

The man tased him again, Hopper keeled over, saliva coming out of his mouth.

"What do you know?" The wielder's companion said.

"I know you do experiments on kidnapped little kids, whose parents' brains you've turned to mush. And I know you went a little too far this time and you messed up in a big way. I mean, you really messed up, didn't you? Big time. That's why you're trying to cover your tracks. You killed Benny Hammond, you faked Will Byers' death. You made it look like that little girl just ran away. See, I told you. I know everything."

"All right, who are you working with?" the man asked.

"Nobody," he responded simply. "But I did give all this over to my friend at the Times. He's gonna blow this thing wide open." He chuckled.

The man tased him again, and Hopper let out a grunt. Two more men collected him from the ground and pushed him into the interrogation chair.

"You're just a junkie," another man said, "A small town cop who had a really bad week," his hand made way to a tray with needles and a bottled substance. "Took one too many pills this time.

The lady, Connie, spoke, "You made a mistake coming back here."

"No, I didn't," he replied groggily. "Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna let me and Joyce Byers go... you're gonna give us anything we need, and we're gonna find her son. And then we're gonna forget that any of this ever happened."

"Oh, is that right?"

"Yeah. That's right."