Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly I

The Upside Down is almost ethereal. The darkness is a beautiful contrast to the white flakes that circulate around the air, but the picture is ruined by the tentacle-like vines that hug every area of the Upside Down. As well as the red headed girl who is lying in the pool.

The pool is a shell of its once beautiful blue-ish water, and it's sparkling lights. Now, it is a mere structure of concrete and cement. Barb wakes up to find herself surrounded by the gooey vines and floating flakes. She spits up water from her mouth, and she's soaked with all kinds of ungodly substances.

She attempts to sit up, taking off her glasses in the process. They were covered in too many disgusting things that keeping them on would only make seeing worse.

"Hello? Nancy?" She spins in circles, taking in her surroundings, "Nancy!"

"Hello?!" She spins again to come face to face with a monster. It growls at her and she instinctively screams. The monster is hard to see in the darkness of the place, but a faint light seems to highlight the pale, translucent skin that is wrapped around it's skeleton. It has a human like figure, with legs and arms but it appears to have no eyes.

-

The bed sheets wrinkle as two brown haired teens heavily make out, both fully engaged in the activity. They grab onto each other as if their lives depend on it, clawing, grasping. They gasp for air in succession.

-

"Oh, my God..." Barb desperately looks for anything to get her out of the dried up pool.

-

It looks almost light outside as Steve takes off his shirt.

-

The monster growls as Barb grunts, trying to climb up the vines.

-

The pool emits the same blue lights, the steam floating on the surface of the water. The chlorinated water seems to be the only thing that hears Barb shriek.

The two continue to engage in one another, a sudden pause from Nancy stops them.

"Hey, what's the matter?"

"Nothing."

Their lips connect again and they're both lost to utter bliss.

-

Barb finally grabs onto the pool ladder, she hastily looks behind her as the sound of growling seems to get closer. She finally reaches the top of the ladder, straining to grab the assist handles. She screams as she reaches to get up and out, but her body seems to slow down. She struggling and she feels like she has no energy

-

Nancy's hand traces the dips and ridges of Steve's body.

-

The growling gets louder as Barb is pulled back into the pool. She grabs onto the metal bars, holding on for dear life.

-

"You're so beautiful." He says breathlessly.

-

Barb screams, straining, to hold on. "Nancy!"

She's finally pulled back in, and the growling is quieter, finally satisfied.

-

Nancy sits on Steve's bed, staring at the lump who's sleeping under the covers. She continues putting on her clothes, or, rather a grey sweatshirt that's a bit too big for her.

"Steve? Hey, Steve."

"Mmm." She receives in response. It's possible that he isn't listening and sleeping instead.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"