Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers VI

It's night time, the two story Suburban home has five people gathered around a table eating dinner. A boy with brown hair speaks,

"We should be out there right now. We should be helping look for him."

"We've been over this Mike. The Chief says--"

"I don't care what the chief said."

His mom yells out, "Michael!"

"We have to do something. Will might be in danger."

"More reason to stay put."

"Mom!"

"End of discussion."

Karen stares at each family member before Nancy speaks up, "So...me and Barbara are gonna study at her house tonight. That's cool, right?"

"No, not cool."

"What, why not?"

"Why do you think? Am I speaking Chinese in this house? Until we know Will is okay, no one leaves."

"This is such bullshit."

Ted's only contribution to the conversation is, "Language."

"So we're under house arrest?" Nancy asks, completely pissed off.

"Just because Mike's friend got lost on his way home from..."

Mike interjects, "Wait, this is Will's fault?"

Karen inputs, "Nancy, take that back."

"No!"

"You're just pissed off 'cause you wanna hang out with Steve."

Mike gets a sibling 'shut up before I make you' look. Holly, the youngest Wheeler watches the entire exchange disinterestedly, eating in her toddler chair.

"Steve?"

"Who's Steve?"

"Her new boyfriend."

"You are such a douchebag, Mike!"

Another "Language!" spouts out of Ted's mouth. Nancy groans in annoyance while Mike smiled smugly in his seat. Nancy leaves the dinner table, and goes to her room.

"Nancy, come back. Come back!"

Holly watches her older sister go, "It's okay. It's okay, Holly. Here, have some juice, okay?"

Ted looks at his son, "You see, Michael? You see what happens?"

Mike shouts back, "What happens when what? I'm the only one acting normal here! I'm the only one that cares about Will!"

Karen stares at her husband while he talks, "That is really unfair, son. We care." He tosses a bit of food in his mouth, pushing Mike off the edge.

Mike opens his mouth and closes it, smacking the table before leaving.

"Mike!" His mother calls after him.

"Let him go."

Karen stares at her husband, annoyance crossing over it as she watches her husband calmly eating, "I hope you're enjoying your chicken, Ted."

She grabs Holly from her seat, leaving the table and Ted.

"What did I do? Hey! What'd I do?" He drops his fork and leans back in his chair.

-

The woods are illuminated by hundreds of flashlights streaming between the trees.

"Will!"

"Will, we're here for you, bud!" Shout of encouragement are shouted towards the missing boy. Scott Clarke and Jim Hopper are walking together in close range, flashlights out.