Chapter Five: The Flea and the Acrobat VI

vote. comment. bash me. idc. enjoy. or not. i sure don't.

"What did I tell you? She's been playing us from the beginning?" Lucas yells, as he throws his hands up in the air angrily. "How do we know that Percy isn't in on it too?"

"Come on, Lucas. You know he isn't!" Dustin says.

Mike yells at Lucas, "That's not true, Lucas. She helped us find Will!"

Lucas pauses, "Find Will? Where is he, then?" He gestured around the junkyard, "Huh? I don't see him."

"Yeah, you know what I mean."

"No, I actually don't. Just think about it, Mike. She could've just told us where the Upside Down was right away. Percy knows where it is!" He glances at El. "So why did she not tell us? She just made us run around like headless chickens." As he talks he walks closer and closer towards Mike.

Dustin steps forward, putting himself between the two feuding. "All right, calm down!"

"No! She used us, all of us! She helped just enough so she could get what she wants. Food and a bed." He turns towards El, a menacing look on his face. "Does Percy know? Because I know damn well that he wants to help! Unlike you."

Mike screams, "Screw you, Lucas!"

"No! Screw you, Mike. You're blind... blind because you like that a girl's not grossed out by you. But wake up, man. Wake the hell up! She knows where Will is and now she's just letting him die in the Upside Down."

"Shut up!" he screams in agony.

"For all we know, it's her fault."

"Shut up."

"We're looking for some stupid monster..." He pushes Mike, "but did you ever stop to think that maybe she's the monster?" He points to El. He breathes in and out, attempting to calm himself "Now, I'm gonna find Percy. Someone who will actually lead us to the gate to find Will."

"I said shut up!" Mike screams as he throws his arm around Lucas's head. They grunt as they try and fling each other around, trying to get the other off.

"Stop!" El yells in desperation.

"Knock it off, idiots!"

"Stop it!"

"Mike, get off!" Dustin yells.

"Stop it!"

The boys grunt as they continue rolling around. Lucas is on top, attempting to pin Mike to the ground. Suddenly, El screams, high pitched and glass-shattering. Lucas is flung across the yard, at least a few meters, and he comes to a stop when his head hits a sheet of metal. The horrifying sound of a body hitting the material sends everyone running to the boy. Everyone but El.

"Jesus!" Dustin screams as he sprints to his friend. Mike scurries behind him, running towards him too.

"Lucas! Lucas! Lucas, are you all right?" Mike asks, as he shakes the boy's body in an attempt to wake him up.

"Lucas, come on!"

"Lucas! Lucas!"

"Lucas, wake up! Lucas." They continue shaking him, desperation in their movements.

Mike turns around to face El, "Why would you do that? What's wrong with you? What is wrong with you?"

His voice contorts and fades in the background. It echoes as El has a flashback.

-

Submerged in the bubbling salt water, El attempts to relax as she focuses on the face of a man. She hears a chatter, overlapping with others but not one voice is distinct enough.