Chapter Seven: The Bathtub III

aight im not gonna lie my ~education~ ended on the 12th and i've just been slacking off and procrastinating this chapter.

this chapter wasn't edited because i didnt want to and its currently 2am, and i have other work i have to attend to. if you notice any mistakes do tell me. thanks. (she says, deadpan, currently heating up because her room is really fucking hot and she's too lazy to turn her fan on.) 

A man stands on a ladder, attempting to clean a sign with a towel already stained red. The S in 'Slut' was just beginning to come off.

"Need a hand?" Steve asks.

"Did you have something to do with this?" The man on the ladder replies.

Steve stares up at him, the left side of his face still bloodied up. "I just... I wanna help."

The man climbs down from the ladder before handing him the towel. "All yours."

He climbs the ladder and starts cleaning.

-

"They expect us to just sit here like prisoners. We should be out there looking for him." Karen says as she looks out the window with Ted by her side.

"Honey, we have to trust them, okay? This is our government. They're on our side."

Karen only sighs in response as she watches Connie and Brenner walk towards a black car. "That man gives me the creeps." Her face changes before she seems to remember something, "Nancy. You don't think she's involved in this, too, do you?"

Ted gives her a face, "Nancy with Mike?" He chuckles, "No. No."

-

Dustin paces around the pace, walking up and down the aisle as the kids watch with blank faces. Mike looks up from where he was previously staring at the floor intently, "Will you stop pacing?"

"It's been way too long. Do you know what?" Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all a trap and the bad men are coming to get us right now!"

"It's not a trap." Lucas interjects. "Why would the chief set us up? Nancy, maybe, but the chief?" Beside him, Mike throw his hands up in the air. "And if Percy trusts them..." He trails off.

"I don't feel good about this. I don't feel good about this!"

Mike rolls his eyes and gestures towards Percy. "Chill, man! What's the worst that can happen?"

Dustin stares at him as if he were a deranged crackhead they met at a gas station. "Uhhh. They kill us?!"

"Well if they try that, Percy can just kill them!" Lucas gestures towards Percy.

All eyes turn to him. Percy shrugs his shoulders and gives them a look that says 'Sure. Why not?' "Dustin. Chill out, okay? Sit down. We don't want anyone to see you." Dustin sits. "We're gonna be fine. I think you're overreacting a bit. Both El and I are here to help. It's going to be okay." Dustin nods his head and sits still.

The sound of vehicles start to approach. On cue, the four kids run up to the front of the bus, peering outside the window. They watch as two cars that do not belong to the Chief pull into the junkyard.

"Shit!" Dustin exclaims. They run back to their previous spots on the bus, crouching low and beside the window. Percy moves spots, sitting closest to the door and taking on a low, crouching stance ready to pounce.

"You think they saw us?' Lucas asks.

"Everyone shut up." Mike replies.

Three men total emerge from the two vehicles. They wear suits and hold a gun limply in their hand. They look warily around the junkyard, one man nearing the bus. He looks under, noticing the shiny and relatively clean bikes hastily placed there. The man slides the door open carefully. Suddenly, a hand hits him right on his head, causing him to ricochet off the door.