chapter 1

Today is the day that I've been waiting for for my whole life

Today is the day that I've been waiting for for my whole life. Not because I was excited but because I was nervous about what I would have to do next. Unlike other girls on their 17th birthdays, I was spending mine at the orphanage like how I spent every other birthday. My story isn't tragic it represents the significance of the soulmate bond. My parents felt that having a child affected their bond and to fix it they gave me up. For their love. I hated them for it but soulmate bonds can do that to you.

Nervously my eyes shifted down to my wrist where a small, glowing lily laid etched into my skin.

That was my soulmate symbol.

I rolled out of bed and raced to the bathroom. I needed to hurry up and get there fast. the place that my heart is pulling me towards, seemed to be near because the panting in my chest got faster and more urgent. Showering in record time, I ran back to my little room and picked up the box I had prepared the night before.

It felt like a rope was tied to my heart and someone was pulling and pulling to the point where it was almost painful. The pulling would only stop when I got to the place that was destiny for me to meet my soulmate.

I sighed in relief as the pulling finally ceased at the very top of a hill over looking a playground. The park was empty, maybe because it was a Tuesday and most kids had school, but it was a relief to be alone. I needed some sort of comfort and I guess the silence was offering me that much.

I laid the box down on the floor and placed a single lily on top if it after gently kissing it.

With that I turned away and walked back.