Ch.3

After Rita drove off...she looked at the front mirror and saw the depressed faces of her children. Children that have been mistreated by her other children and her husband. But...Was this really the first time that Lincoln, Leni and Lucy got treated badly by the hands of her other daughters and husband? No. It wasn't the first time...which meant that she wasn't doing her job as a mother. Mothers are supposed to care for her children, but she clearly haven't...and now she's paying the price for it. 

Her children could no longer suffer at the hands of those monsters. Monsters. The word that perfectly described her other daughters and husband. Lynn really let her down...and his actions as of late makes her question if she made the right choice to marry him.

"Kids...I'm sorry." Rita Said. Her children looked at her with bewildered expressions on their faces. Why was she sorry? She did nothing wrong in this situation so why...

"Mom...Why are you sorry?" Lincoln asked.

"Sigh....I'm sorry for letting your father and your sisters get away with abusing you for so long. To be honest, I wanted to believe that they would change their ways....but incident showed me that they have no intention of changing." Rita Said.

"Mom...It's not your fault. They are the ones who chose to treat us this way." Leni Said.

"But..." Rita started.

"But nothing. You had no idea that they would get worse than they already were. Besides you're the one who's moving us away from them." Lincoln Said.

"If it helps...this may give us a fresh start." Lucy Said.

"A start for a life not ruled by some silly superstition." Lily Said. 

"Thanks for making me feel better guys." Rita Said. As she continued driving...she looked herself in the mirror and gained a determined look on her face. She could no longer stand by and let her daughters and husband do what they wanted without consequences either they start shaping up or...

They would lose her as they lost four of their siblings.

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋