Ch.23

Came back from reading Triggered which was written by:Editor570. Give it a try if you want to see the Louds suffer after an unexpected shooting at the mall which leaves one Loud's life hanging in the balance. (Only has three chapters, but it's a great story)

Now on to the story:

As Tord came closer to the group, he couldn't stop his heart from pounding. What if he messed things up with them before their relationship could truly begin? He already did that with a certain blue hoodie friend of his who took every second to make him seem worthless and stupid. Not like he was any better considering that he always shot back at him since he was born from a pineapple and bowling ball (don't ask me how that works).

"You got this Tord. Just don't make things weird." He said silently to himself before Lincoln turned around and slightly jumping at the sight of him which made him worry until he noticed the apologetic expression on his face.

"I'm sorry for jumping like that. I just have a bad habit of jumping when ever someone comes up to me without me noticing." Lincoln said.

"It's alright. Are you new around here?" Tord said.

"Yep. We had to move due after an event that ended up forcing my mother to take my three sisters and I to our cousin's house." Lincoln said.

"Let me guess...it was the bad luck incident that occurred in Royal Woods right?" Tord said which made Lincoln freeze a bit.

"How did you..." He started to say until Tord interrupted him.

"The story is already spreading all across the world thanks to the Internet. To be honest, my friends and I were horrified that they did that to you." Tord said.

"I guess anyone would if they got locked out of the house for causing "bad luck" at a softball game. Anyway...Want to be friends?" Lincoln said.

"Sure. My name is Tord." Tord said.

"Lincoln. Lincoln Loud. See you around Tord." Lincoln said as he started to walk away with his sisters while Tord silently celebrated not blowing it like he did his former friend.

"So I'm guessing it went well." A voice said as he turned around and saw his vampire friend in his human form. He had blue eyes and short black hair slightly hidden in his blue hat with a red ball on top and covering down below.

 He had blue eyes and short black hair slightly hidden in his blue hat with a red ball on top and covering down below

"Yeah. It's nice to have another friend to share things with again." Tord said.

"Sigh..So, how do you think I should approach him?" The vampire said.

"Stan..Just go anywhere that's not behind him or something. Mainly because he's extra jumpy due to someone always standing near him without him knowing." Tord said.

"I'll try that. Anyway...Does Rin want to try to become friends with him?" Stan asked.

"He does, but the memories of him being called a demon still holds him back. Despite what he says about me...He does value our friendship since his old friends turned their backs on him." Tord said.

"Okay. I'll call you later to tell you how it goes. Hopefully, I won't mess this up." Stan says before disappearing while Tord watched. After he left, he sighed and wondered how he was going to win Lincoln's heart. Meanwhile, Luan was in the back of the community college currently crying her eyes out after losing almost everything.

"Luan." A voice said as she looked up and came face to face with Maggie.

"What do you want? Are you here to lecture me for what I did?" Luan said.

"No. I figured that you had enough to the lectures. I just want to know is why you did it?" Maggie said.

"At the time, I thought that Lynn was onto something. Like my brother was going to ruin my comedy career and everything in my life so I shunned him. But, once Mom tore into us..I realized that I was wrong and that...I ruined my own life by following Lynn and my father." Luan said.

"Sigh..At least you regret what you did. Listen, I'll still be your friend..however, I'll need some time to wrap my head around this entire thing." Maggie said which made Luan nod before watching her friend leave. At least she had Maggie...but she couldn't help, but ask herself if her sisters even had someone by their side too.

"I wonder how the others are faring?" Luan asked as we check in with Lynn who was kicking around a ball in the park. She was supposed to be in school, but she couldn't handle the news that she was kicked out of all of her sports teams. 

"Why is this happening? Things were supposed to get better now that Lincoln's bad luck isn't around." Lynn said to herself as she thought back to the moment when she lost all of her friends. She remembered all of their disappointed and disgusted expressions on their faces as they told her just how unsportsmanlike she was.

"Can things get any worse?" She said before it started to rain and she went back to the school. Hoping that the principal hasn't called her sister about her disappearance. Which begs the question:

When will Lynn realize that her superstition wasn't real?

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋

PS: The picture doesn't belong to me...it belongs to their creator.