Goodbye (Thomas)

Thomas

Thomas

You and Thomas were runners, sprinting through the maze, trying to find a way out of this hell hole every single day. You were the only girl in the Glade and at first, Ably didn't let you become a runner because you were a girl and according to him 'not strong enough' but you proved him wrong by dashing into the maze without him knowing and then mapping Hal's the maze out before the doors closed.

Though Alby was full of rage because of that Newt, Minho and Thomas saw the potential in you and made you a runner, but of course, they had to give you a punishment for not abiding to the rules. You had the same consequence as Thomas when he disobeyed the rules. The brave runner told you his story of becoming a runner when you were locked and you guys chatted the whole night. The boy accompanied you that whole time and kept talking to you until the both of you fell asleep. You fell in love with that boy right at that moment.

You and Thomas went to the maze together though you two couldn't run together and had to split up for the job, but you guys would wait for each other right outside the maze after the job was done. You guys were the best of friends and never left each other's side. You wondered if Thomas liked you too but you always brushed that off because you knew that he only saw you as a friend.

Though your instincts were wrong.

Some time later, Thomas confessed to you in the most creative way possible. With the help of his good friends, Newt and Minho, they set up a hunt around the glade, hiding things for you to find and then try to figure out what they meant. Each object led you to the other and there was stuff like maps of the maze, knifes, Thomas's runner pack and more that each represented a memory of the fun times you had with Thomas.

You finished the hunt and Thomas was the last 'object' you were supposed to find. He stood there with a red rose in his hand and walked towards you.

"(Y/n), we've had a lot of fun times together, and getting to know you is the best thing that ever happened to me in this Glade. Since the first time I saw you, I already fell in love with you. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

The tough runner suddenly looked like a timid kid, his cheeks were turning red as he met your eyes shyly, a glint of hope in his eyes.

You didn't think twice and instantly pounced on him, giving him a tight hug and then smashing your soft lips against his ones. The runner obviously didn't expect the hug or the kiss because he stumbled and lost his balance, falling onto the ground on his back while you landing on top of him. Surprisingly, your lips never disconnected until you started chuckling at Thomas' clumsiness.

"Tom, you're so weak!" You mocked, laughing.

"How was I supposed to know you were going to jump on me and tackle me?" He retorted.

"Well, you should expect that kiss. I had a huge crush on you since the night that you talked to me while I got locked up. I love you."

"I love you too, baby."