No more WICKED (Thomas)

Thomas

Thomas

Just a short imagine for @ScorchedThomas2922 I'm sry I couldn't think of much for this one, this was pretty challenging for me. I'm hoping to write another imagine soon but I'm SUPER busy and I have like tons of tests coming up urghhhh god...I'll try to post more often tho! Sry for all the delay!

Little sister (reader) X Thomas Imagine

Minho sat opposite you, in a bright room. Hands cuffed until his wrist had red marks all over, dark circles under his eyes. He fidgeted in his seat, pulling his wrists, as if trying to break off the restraints.

"(Y/n), please. Help me. Let me go. We can escape this place. Find Thomas and Newt. Just the two of us." The runner begged, his voice so desperate that it started cracking.

"Minho, it's too dangerous. I wanna leave too. But I can't. It's impossible. I'm sorry." You shook your head dejectedly, tears burning your eyes.

Minho leapt out of his chair and slammed the table deliriously.

"You! It's all your fault! You don't understand! We'll be dead sooner or later! Not just me, but you too! Why the hell are you working for them you slinthead!" He screamed at you, mumbling profanities.

Shocked by his sudden outburst, you were paralyzed in your seat. You saw two guards coming in as they caught the boy and pulled him out the door. In your heart, you apologized profusely to Minho, hoping he could understand and forgive you, even though you knew he wouldn't...

Time skip

You carefully pushed the thin needle into the child's skin. The thin metal glistened under the fluorescent light and the child's face contorted in pain, eyes eased shut, gritted teeth. Then you pushed the bright blue liquid into her black veins and watched it enter her blood vessel. You yourself grimaced at it. The poor child had been infected and WICKED had demanded you conduct experiments on her, plugging her into tubes, injecting needles into her skin, making her carry out different trials... You wanted so badly to bail her out, help her because you yourself had gone through the same torture.

The middle aged man stood behind you, his hair a mixture of black and grey. He folded his arms across his chest and breathed out. You didn't look back, but you could feel his stern glare bearing into you, into your mind, into your soul. With Janson around, you always felt so insecure, your heart thumping wildly whenever he was around. The man incited fear in people, especially you. Many times, the thought of escaping crossed your mind, but you never gathered the courage to do so, not with Janson always keeping an eye on you.

Then you heard the click of the man's boots against the ground, the sound slowly fading. The door opened then closed shut. You exhaled. He was finally gone.

You continued with your job, waiting for the effects of the liquid to set into the child. The only sound was the constant hum of the ventilator and it felt somewhat calming.

Meanwhile, Thomas and Newt roamed through each door, trying desperately to find Minho. He entered a dark room full of computers and projectors, confusing statistics filling the screen.

"Tommy." Newt called out, in an almost shaky voice. Newt stared at a computer, gobsmacked.

"What's up?" Thomas cocked his head, full of curiosity.

Newt gestured Thomas to come to him, pointing at the glowing screen.

Now Thomas mirrored this same expression as Newt as he gawked at the screen unblinkingly. You and Thomas's picture were on it, a 3D model of your DNAs put side by side, indicating that y'all were immune. Below your pictures were the words 'brother' and 'sister'. You guys were siblings.

Thomas took in a deep breath, trying to get over the shock. The girl in the glade, the girl who escaped the Maze with him, the girl who travelled through the Scorch with him and the girl who was taken to WICKED without him, was his sister.

Thomas shook it off and re-focused on his mission. He pulled Newt out the door and they continued with their search, but Thomas seemed distracted. He couldn't direct his attention from the shocking fact that he discovered.

They entered another room, then another, taking a quick glance before approaching the next...

The silence was suddenly broken by the opening of doors and gasps.

"Hands up in the air right now!" You heard someone shout from behind.

You heard the safety switch of the gun being turned off and gingerly complied, your hands trembling with fear. Maybe Minho was right all along. You would die either away.

"Please, d-don't shoot. I-I'll listen to anything you s-say." You stuttered, your breathing getting heavier.

"(Y/n)?" You heard one of them whisper. You furrowed your eyebrows, bewildered at how he knew your name.

You swiveled around and saw two figures approaching you menacingly. For a moment, you didn't have any time to process anything, as if your whole brain had shut down.

"(Y/n)! Oh my god! I finally found you!" The man breathed out, dropping his gun as he pulled you into a tight hug.

The voice. The voice that carried so much warmth, assurance was ringing in your ears again.

Thomas.

Tears of relief welled up in your eyes as you wrapped your arms even tighter around the boy.

In these years, Thomas had grown a lot. From a scared teenage boy to a brave man. The years of suffering and endurance had made him stronger, bolder and...more exhausted.

Then Thomas pulled away and the look of relief on his face was replaced by a disturbed countenance.

"Um...I have to tell you something." Thomas cleared his throat. His voice was full of hesitation as he said that.

"What? Spit it out." You urged on, expecting something unfortunate like one of your friends dying or something.

"Uh..." Thomas rubbed his face.

"Um...how do I say this...' Thomas ran his hand through his hair, stuttering.

"God Thomas, just tell me!" You almost yelled.

"We're siblings alright!" The former runner immediately blurted.

It took you sometime to absorb the new information but you turned out to have the exact same expression as Thomas when he first discovered it too.

"I mean, you two look pretty similar. The eyes, the hair..." Newt interrupted, pointing at the two of you.

"So they've kept this away from us all these years..." You ignored Newt, talking to no one in particular.

"You...are my brother...and I am your..."

"Sister." Thomas answered.

Once again, you pulled him towards you to hug him, tears now streaming down your face and dripping down onto your chin, seeping into Thomas's shirt. You heard him sniff as he stroked your head gently.

"I'm never letting you out of my sight ever again."

You remained silent, overwhelmed by a mixture of emotions that swirled inside you.

"C'mon, let's go before ratman gets here." He tugged on your arm, already dragging you out.

You quickened your pace, following suit. You looked at the pitiful child, eyes still closed. Soon, she'll be left there to die. Such a young, innocent soul in this harsh world, yet you couldn't do anything about it.

You managed to find Minho and fortunately, all of you managed to escape WICKED's grasp.

Thomas held your hand as you two boarded the ship towards safe haven with all the Gladers.

A new life awaited you.