chapter 3

I had just finished taking a shower and threw myself on my bed, wrapped in a hoodie and sweatpants when I heard a silent knock on the front door of my dorm room.
It was barely audible but yet done with confidence.
If that were my friends to ask what was wrong with me they shouldn't have come now because I wasn't in the mood for drama nor did I want to talk about anything of last nights events.

With a groan I pushed myself up and pulled the door handle... but instead of my friends I was faced with a certain purple haired guy that was carrying two bags. A few boxes were on the floor behind him and he was kindly grinning.
For a second my body froze but I managed to play it of as being tired.
Awkwardly, I cleared my voice and tried looking him in the eye when I spoke. If I showed any kind of fear now it'd be even more obvious...

"What do you want?" I asked in annoyance but Wooyoung pretended that I had never said anything.

"Hello San! I guess I'm your new room mate. But first, ah...could you help me with those boxes?" he asked and I could clearly see how he struggled to carry his stuff. Why hadn't I immediately thought of that? Why else would he show up here with all of his stuff.

I didn't respond and just stood there in a bit of shock so he just handed me a few things and let himself in. This wasn't good... This. Was. Terrible.
What if he'd try to kill me in here?! We were alone in this room! He must have chosen it on purpose!

Getting close to his victim in a way that wasn't suspicious and then slowly planning his murder... was that it?! But... if he dared to reveal himself to me then this was his weakness, too. If I used the opportunity to search through his things when he wasn't here... then I'd have proof for the police. That was the only way. I had to be faster than him and be cautious at all times.

Slowly, I closed the door and made my way to the other side of the room where Wooyoung placed his stuff and didn't let my eyes off him.

"Ah thank you" he said and let himself fall on the bed.

"See, you're not a mean person, San. You just pretend to be." I stared at him in disbelief and mumbled "Whatever..." before headding to the small kitchen. The groceries from yesterday were still spread on the counter along with my broken phone and I had to put some things in the fridge.

"Let me help you with that!" Wooyoung offered and took a few things out of the bag.

"We can cook together if you want to. I'll also help you with everything else" he happily suggested but I just hummed in response showing that I didn't care.
One of his hands accidently touched my back causing me to flinch and turn around.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he apologized but I didn't care because my eyes were on the kitchen knife in his right hand.
Pictures from yesterday flew through my head and I saw his evil smile before stabbing the poor man again and again and again and again. I heard the sound of cracking bones and screams of dying humans. N- no! I didn't want these pictures in my head!
Subconciously, I took a few steps back and didn't take my eyes off the knife. Wooyoung gave me an concerned look and slowly came closer.

"Is everything alright with you?" he wanted to know and put the kitchen device on the table while reaching out his arm to grab my shoulder.

"N- no!" I shouted and pushed him away to run to the bathroom and lock the door.
Inside, I slid down the cold wall and tried to calm my breathing. Maybe it was just coincidence that he had that knife. I remembered buying one so maybe he just wanted to put it away. But no matter what I tried to think, I couldn't stop small tears from flowing down my face. It wasn't because I was sad or very scared but more like a bit traumatized.

"San?" I heard Wooyoung's voice outside the door and then a silent knock.

"Please, tell me whats wrong. Maybe I can help you. It's always better to talk." he tried to convince me but I didn't want his concern. Why did I run away anyway? I wasn't supposed to show weakness! I had to live with what I had seen!
After standing up and taking a deep breath I opened the door in one swing and was a bit surprised to see the other standing so close but I didn't back away.

"San, seriously. Tell me whats wrong. I can't stand seeing someone cry without knowing what I did wrong" he told me and took my hand in his. I tried pulling away but his grip was confident and strong.

"P- please don't touch me." I stuttered while my voice was almost breaking.

Be confident! But he did the complete opposite and pulled me with him on the small sofa in the middle of the room.

"San... are you by any chance afraid of me?" he questioned still holding onto my hand wgen sitting next to me but I pulled away and glared at him.

"No. I'd never be scared of you" I confidently stated trying to not show any discomfort and the other let out a sigh of relief.

"That's good. Because otherwise I might have been forced to kill you." Wooyoung chuckled and I didn't believe my ears. That was proof enough for me... he was a psycho killer.

"Don't make such a weird face. I was just kidding." he quickly changed the subject.

"But anyway if you're not afraid of me, why do you always back away when I touch you? Do you by any chance feel nervous in my presence?" he innocently asked being way too close to my ear and I felt the blood rushing to my head. What was wrong with this dude? Yes, I felt nervous in his presence but not because of what he thought. Still... I wasn't able to form a normal sentence. Instead I stuttered again.

"N- no. Stop saying things like that"
I didn't dare to look at his face but I knew he was smirking and staring at me, thinking I was flustered when in fact I was madly scared.

"Haha cute. Your cheeks are saying something else San." he whispered again and leaned over to me... dangerously close.

He grabbed my chin with one hand and wanted to place the other on my waist but before anything could happen I jumped up from the sofa and quickly went to the kitchen again.

"Look how late it is, Wooyoung. I say we prepare something to eat, don't you agree?" I offered and gave him a warning look.

His smirking and seductive expression was completely gone and changed with his usual cheerful and happy smile.

"Of course!" he giggled "I'm starving."
Yep... he was a total psychopath and I could never predict what he was about to do. Did that crazy bastard try to test me just now? I wasn't that easy to controll... even when being seduce by a handsome man.

I would observe him and if Yeosang was right he'd kill someone the next few days like every week. When he tried to sneak out I'd just follow him. Hopefully, Wooyoung didn't suspect anything because if he found out that I knew who he really was he'd probably really kill me...
But like I said... I wasn't that easy to control.

The rest of the evening we spent eating instant noodles and doing our homework while I tried to ignore the other, yet keep an eye on him.

Right now he was in the shower and I used the opportunity to look at some of his things. There was this one black suitcase that was really heavy and looked suspicous but when I tried to carefully open it I noticed that it was locked.

"You're a smart one." I whispered to myself and decided to look through his other suitcases and boxes. Of course without making any noise.
I opened another case to look inside and already wanted to close it again when a white shirt caught my eye. I could only see part of it but there was a big brownish red spot there.

Was that blood?! I mean the possibility that it was ketchup or something else wasn't that high...
Suddenly, I heard the door to the bathroom open and quickly jumped back into my bed where I had been on the phone before. Luckily, Wooyoung didn't suspect anything and lazly threw his old clothes into the suitcase I had just opened.
His hair was still wet and spread all over his head and he was wearing joggers with a wide shirt that was hanging over one of his shoulders, exposing his collar bone.
From an objective point of view people would surely consider him to look kinda... sexy. Not that I shared that opinion though.
I mentally facepalmed myself and decided it would be better to go to sleep.

"Like what you see?" Wooyoung asked with an amused look on his face but I quickly turned my head away.

"No... I'm just tired" I answered and heard his silent chuckle.

"Of course... me too. Good night Choi San."

"..."

Now there was this problem... the whole night I wasn't able to sleep one bit. It was even worse than last night and I didn't dare to look away from Wooyoung. He was dangerous and I had to keep an eye on him so sleeping wasn't an option.
_______________________________________