chapter 19

10 years ago
Wooyoung's POV

"Woo, you need to hide! Do you hear me you need to run!!"
My father grabbed my shoulders and kneed down infront of me. Why did I have to run? I wanted to stay with my parents.
"Were is m- mommy?" I started sobbing. Something was about to happen. I could feel it but I didn't know what it was. Why was dad so scared?
Suddenly the door to my room burst open and my mother ran to us after checking if the hallway was empty. Her hair was messy and tears were running down her face.
"They are close. They brought Hyunjin with them. We have no chance against all three of them!"
She said trying to catch her breath.
"Mommy who i- is after us?"
She turned her face to look at me and also kneed down next to dad.
"Their names are Minho and Jisung. Remember them and if you ever hear these names you run, understood?"
"B- but I don't w- want to leave you."
I whined and another tear was rolling down my face.
"Wooyoungie..." Dad whispered and cupped my face in his hands to carefully wipe the tears away.
"We love you. Don't forget that." Mom said and wrapped her arms around me and dad. It felt warm and safe... I didn't want to let go.
In that moment a terrifying voice sounded from outside.
"COME OUT! OR I'LL BURN EVERYTHING DOWN HERE!"
"MOM!" I whined but she had already let go. I wanted to chase after her but my father grabbed my arm.
"The people out there are dangerous! The things they do are terrible but sadly we realized that to late. Damn! Why did we work for them?!"
He pushed the floor and hissed.

I started crying.
"Now run, Wooyoung! When you are far enough away, you call Aunt Chaeryung alright? It's the first number saved on this phone."
He pulled pulled out the device and put it in the pocket of my jacket. Then he took off his purple colored scarf and placed it around my neck.
"Go Wooyoung."
I didn't want to go! Outside I heard noises but I couldn't do anything against my father who lifted me on his arms and placed me on the ground outside the window. I punshed and kicked him but he was too strong.
"Go!" he yelled.
"NO!"
Suddenly the wall of the room my father was standing in exploded and a brown haired man with glowing dark eyes appeared in the dust. In his grip he had mom. His hand was placed on her throat and he lifted her up. She trembled and shook again but he wouldn't let her down. Then a second person entered. The gun in his hand was aimed at my mothers head. This man's hair was light blond colored but his eyes were just as dark as the others.
"We warned you... now it's too late." He chuckled.
"DAMN WOOYOUNG LEAVE!"

BANG

Traces of blood colored the walls red and my mother's arms and legs were hanging down lifelessly while her head couldn't even be recognized anymore. Everywhere was blood...
Something in my head became numb in the same second... and I ran, ran as fast as I could, held my ears when I heard the screams of my father and another gun shot.
I was terrified, traumatized and somehow I couldn't stop hearing their screams and seeing these pictures.

Today

But since that day I didn't shed one tear... in fact I didn't feel any emotion anymore. However my heart wasn't empty. It was filled with rage, hatred and the undying longing for revenge.
Even San couldn't stop those feelings...

San's POV

It was already late in the evening when I arrived at the dorms. Probably Wooyoung was already asleep by now so I made sure to enter as quietly as possible before sitting down on my bed and checking if the other boy was really asleep.
Then I turned on my phone and as expected... hundreds of messages all saying the same as the letters on my locker, and even worse were some girl that had a crush on Jackson and threatend to kill me or something because I tried to ruin his imagine.

"Ignore it San." I whispered to myself but it didn't work... as expected.
At least I had my friends and Wooyoung that trusted me but still... deep inside I started distancing me more and more from myself and from them. Questions like Do they think I'm a freak? Do they even like me? repeated in my head and again I wasn't able to fall asleep.