chapter 4

The whole night not a single bit had happend. Wooyoung did sleep calmer than any person I ever knew and when I came to the decision that I should better sleep too, my alarm went of...

Like in a trance I stood up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. As expected my face looked pretty dead in the mirror but I hadn't enough energy left to care about that so I just put on my clothes and walked to the school building way too early.

Actually having nothing to do, I spent the 30 minutes that were left until the first class outside in the cold.

It was still dark and the snow on the ground was shimering in the light of some lanterns. Why didn't I do this more often? The peace and quiet here were calming everything that had stressed me out the past few days. But before I knew it the first lesson had already started and all the relaxing time was over.

When it was finally lunch break I felt even more tired because in the previous classes I had failed trying to take a nap. Also... Jongho had constantly told me about his new game and how amazing it was. It didn't exactly annoy me but in the state I was in, his talking was just too much to handle.

I sat down at the table between Seonghwa and Wooyoung who both were already involved deeply in a conversation with the others while eating their lunch. Not wanting to disturb them I layed my head on the table and listened to whatever they were talking about.
I didn't exactly remember but it was something about mean teachers before Hongjoong brought up a new topic.

"Did you hear the news? About the two corpses that were found yesterday?" he asked excitedly and I immediately sat up again, my gaze fixed on Wooyoung... but he didn't show any sign of knowing about it.

"My father investigates this case!" Yeosang told everyone and I could literally feel Seonghwa's and his worried looks on me.

"They are still searching for the culprit who is apparently a man but nobody knows how he looks like. He never got caught on any surveillence cameras and ... nobody has ever seen him and survived" Mingi added while  Seonghwa was giving me the side eye.

I appreciated that he kept quiet about it but if he made his signs even more obvious it wouldn't take Wooyoung long to find out.

"Your father is a police officer, right?" Hongjoong asked and the older nodded.

"And is it true that the murderer only kills criminals?" Yunho wanted to know and I could have sworn that I saw something lighting up in the purple haired guys eyes.

"Yeah, actually that is the case. The couple that was found yesterday had been accused of murdering their own child but the investigations were still going on. It was later found out that they were also involved in scam and robbery."

"So the killer is a bit like Light Yagami then. He takes revenge on all the criminals out there by killing them"
Yunho concluded and I almost dropped my glass of water before speaking up.

"So you support the cruel torture that was done to them? Cutting off their arms and fingers, stabbing them again and again until the snow is colored red and just letting the corpses bleed out in a dark and cold side alley. Sounds like a real hero, right?!" I said that a bit too loudly and everyone at the table went quiet except for Seonghwa who gently took my hand and smiled.

"I think San didn't get enough sleep last night. A topic like this is only gonna concern him even more" he excused me and everyone nodded understanding what I apparently went through.

"Sorry, bro." Mingi excused himself but I just shrugged it of and took a sip of my water.

"Wooyoung, this is also really important for you." Hongjoong told the purple haired boy who seemed confused for a second.