chapter 21

It was cold and the sharp stones of the shore were uncomfortable under my back. My limbs felt numb, yet I could move them. Slowly I opened my eyes and saw the clear night sky with all the shining stars. My clothes and hair were wet and I lost my phone, shoes, jacket and the rest of my clothes was ripped and soaked in blood.

I survived... again.

I sat up and saw the now calmly flowing river in front of me. The forest and cliff were gone and I was near the large fields next to a small village. In the distance I could see the skyscrapers and shining lights of Seoul that was awake even deep in the night. It was hard to see so I stumbled and fell while attempting to walk in direction of the houses. Actually it was my jacket that I had stumbled over. I picked it up and put it on even although it was soaked and cold.
When I searched the pockets for anything left an unfamiliar object appeared there.
A business card? Right... that strange man gave me his.
Unbothered I put it in again and continued walking on the sharp stones, thornes and grass bare feet.
Who even cared? I couldn't die so what was there to fear?

"COME KILL ME!" I screamed and kicked one of the stones away.
"HUH?! SOMEONE KILL ME ALREADY!"
From the bush were the stone had landed I heard a strange and quiet noise. It sounded like an animal.
Not even 2 seconds later I saw a small rabbit with furr as white as snow stumbling out of his hideout. His leg was injured and bleeding having a visible contrast to the white furr.

"Oh, did I do that?" I ironicly asked the animal with a chuckle. I didn't even know why I was laughing. The situation I was in felt so unreal and endless that it almost funny again.
"I guess you won't survive like this for long, will you?"
I kneeled down infront of the rabbit that wasn't able to move anymore and stared at me with his cute little black and red eyes.
"But unlike me, we can stop your suffering, don't you think?" I whispered and wrapped my hands around the bunnies throat.
"I'm a nobody, a bother, a freak but I'll help you snowflake."

With a fast motion I moved my hands in the opposite direction and with a disgusting sound the neck of the animal was broken and it lifelessly fell to the side.

I envied the bunny. Why couldn't I die like that? It was so lucky.
In the bush where the bunny had come from I heard another rustle and two more white rabbits were hopping to their dead child.
"So you had parents, huh? I wish I knew who my parents were. Maybe they threw me away, maybe they are dead or maybe they are not freaks like me and couldn't accept a child that wasn't human. Do you think I'll be able to find them?" I tilted my head at the small animals that flinched for a second and ran away in an instant as soon as I got up.
When I thought more about where I came from it seemed obvious that my real parents threw me away. But why not search for them? If I'd be able to find them, I could get revenge... leave them half dead in a dirty side alley like they left their child.

Suddenly a far away yell brought me back to reality. I realized that I must have walked for at least half an hour because the town was very close now. In the distance I could see a light, maybe coming from a flashlight but I couldn't regognize the person because it was too dark.

"SAN! WHERE ARE YOU!" This time I could understand clearly what the man was yelling and his voice seemed familiar. Yunho? Were they searching for me? And how did he know I'd be here of all the placed I could've gone to?
I didn't answer but quickly walked over to the desperate boy. The clothes I was wearing were still wet, making it hard to run and the cold of the night was freezing my hands and feet that were bloodied and dirty from the ground.
Finally I was close enough to be in the radius of the light and when the said object suddenly stopped on me, Yunho's shouting stopped for a few seconds.
"Oh god, San!" He sighed and ran over to me in a second before tightly wrapping his arms around my body.