chapter 31

San's POV

She... looked like me.

Carefully I took a step closer, and another one but the girl didn't move and just stared at me. There wasn't hatred nor fear in her eyes... more like astonishment.
I put my hand on the glass and she opened her mouth to speak before I could do the same. Her voice was silent but I could still hear it through a hole at the top of the locked door next to the window.

"Are you Choi San?" She asked her voice sounding soft and calm. She couldn't be older than me. Her diamond like skin reflected the light when she stood up and curiously came closer. A shy smile was plastered on her face when she waited for my answer.
"Y- yeah... I am, but who are you?" I asked unsure what to do.
She closed her eyes for a second and giggled.
"Lixie and Minnie told me about you. But listen, you shouldn't have come here." She added and her smile turned sad before she turned around and sat down on her bed.
I followed her along the window and tried to get her attention again.

"Who are Minnie and Lixie? Why shouldn't I have come here?" I continued asking and knocked against the glass but she ignored me.
"Please! Who are you? You look like me and your skin is shining like diamonds. How is that possible?"

Slowly she turned around to me again.
"My name is 48." She slowly said. "I'm a mutant just like you are. Minnie and Lixie are the only friends I have and the only people I trust. They said they met you and you almost killed Felix so I shouldn't talk to you."
She crossed her arms and pouted. So she meant Felix and Seungmin. I almost forgot that they are mutants like me...
"Okay listen ehm... 48. I didn't mean to hurt Felix. He said something mean and I lost controll. You see, I might've been believing the wrong thing and I need someone to tell me the truth or at least explain things to me so I finally know whats going on." I begged and let myself fall on the floor infront of her. 48 glanced at me at the corner of her eye before slowly standing up and sitting down again right infront of me.

"Is that so? Huh?" She asked and eyed me up and down before starting to speak again.
"I need you to answer some questions before I'll tell you the truth..."
"Okay." I said and concentrated myself to not do something wrong.
I had a feeling that 48 knew something important.
When I ran down this corridor before, I already knew that something was wrong with J&M entertainment but the fact that they were locking away an almost normal human being that also looked very similar to me was too suspicous. Who the hell was 48?

"Just answer with Yes or No. You came here because they promised to help you?"
"Yes, partly." I said because that wasn't the only reason I was here.
"So I guess... they said they knew something about your parents? At least that is what Lixie and Minnie told me." She wondered and waited for my answer with big eyes.
"Yes, exactly."

"Did you ever kill a person?"
I looked away for a second and she immediately seemed to notice it.
"Was it before or after you came here?"
I sighed "After..."
"Do you regret it?" She continued and I needed a moment to think about this. Did I regret it? I mean I didn't like it nor did I want to do it again but...
"No. I don't regret it because it was revenge for my parents." I told her in all seriousness and suddenly her expression that was shiny and curious before became dark.

"You killed the wrong people then." She coldly said and my eyes widened at the sudden realization. The wrong people? Why? Did that mean I killed them for nothing?! So they lied to me?
"How do y-" I was about to ask her when 48 shushed me and told me to sit back down.

"Choi San" she said "I see you have been tricked and you are honest about what you want... so I'll tell you my story."

My hands were shaking and I felt like the cold flow would soon overcome my body and I'd freeze my emotions again but the angryness stayed and I couldn't calm down.

"San, I am your twin sister." I suddnely heard 48's soft voice and my head shot up at her sadly smiling face.
"Wh-?!"

"No, listen. I don't know much about our parents. Only the things that I overheard from conversation and what Felix and Seungmin found out. Our parents... were doctors. I didn't know if they had a happy life or not but they were short in money so they decided to participate in a project of J&M entertainment that was payed well. Therefore they spended sperm and eggzells to the archieve of J&M. Through another couple they even got a work place at the company and couldn't be happier about it. But then they found out about what these people were doing and they went down to floor -5 were they found me and you. Unborn babies, created artificially in a glass container. They saw all the other deformed babies but found their own children alive and totally normal. Of course they wanted to save them and have them back but as soon as they told Minho and Jisung about it they were killed....
The company can't allow people who don't fit in. As far as I know the other couple was also killed later.
In the end we were both born on the same day. You were not breathing when you were born and your heart was only weakly beating so they threw you away like they do with the dead children. I was totally healthy but my appearence and skin that is as hard as diamond made it impossible for them to let me go outside without staying unnoticed... so they locked me up in here. The only kids that were allowed to visit and play with me were Lixie and Minnie. They told me about the world, showed me pictures, brought me new things and interesting food and made my life better. But when we grew older we realized what this company was and gathered information for years. When they took you in Felix hoped that you might help us but it was hopeless... so... San. On what side are you standing?"

It was obvious the second I saw her. This whole time I had been tricked, used to be a killing mashine. How could they dare to lie to a person whose parenrs they killed?!
In frustration I kicked the floor.
Wooyoung and Seonghwa were right. I treated them like enemies although the real enemy had been right infront of me the whole time. Why didn't I listen to them?! Why didn't I listen to Felix or Seungmin? When in my life had I become so broken and destroyed that I'd believe anything as long as it gave me hope?!

"I.." I growled. "I will kill them!"

48 told me to leave after that because at some point people would notice that she wasn't speaking to Felix or Seungmin but to some else. She also said that I should immediately go to the other two mutants and apologize as well as help them finish their plan.

And most importantly, I had to pretend to not know. I had to pretend to be loyal. It wasn't difficult for me but Hyunjin wasn't easy to fool so I kept my distance from him and secretly went to Felix and Seungmin.

At first they were really mad and yelled at me to fuck of but when I explained them what 48 had told me they showed a bit of understanding. Still, I knew that they didn't fully trust me. The only reason they let me team up with them was the fact that I could be their secret weapon.
But that was good enough for me. Most of the time I talked to Seungmin because although I apologized to Felix many times he still seemed to hate me. I was used to being hated so I didn't care. The only thing that I wanted was to tear this whole building down along with the owners and get my sister out of here.

Jisung and Minho would die along with their manager and all their disgusting creatures. And I'd be the one having their heart in my hands.
_______________________________________

Its gonna get seriousssss

How y'all doing? Feeling good?