final chapter

San's POV

Did nature make a mutant like me pay back for manipulating the natural rule how things work? Or because I killed? I guess I devered it... it was just like what Wooyoung said... he had accepted his destiny and died in peace.

But I couldn't accept it.

Slowly I grabbed the last dagger on Wooyoung's belt.

"San, what are you doing?!" I heard Yeosang getting louder.

"No, you can't-" Seonghwa joined him but it was too late.

I rammed the dagger deep inside my chest and started moving it upwards and to the side. Blood was flowing out of it like a waterfall but I knew my body would quickly produce new blood and even the pain was nonexistent like always.
I felt the resistance of bones and muscles around my heart but I didn't stop cutting.

Behind me I could hear Mingi vommiting and the other ones gasping and telling me to stop but I wasn't down for it.

Nature wanted to make me pay? Well fuck it because I'm not following the rules of nature.

It was true... everyone will get what they deserve one day but Wooyoung's last day wasn't now.
Shouldn't everyone get a second chance? Wasn't that what all the people always said? It was only fair.
How could anyone change themselves or make the world a better place if we didn't learn from our mistakes and gain knew knowledge to live a better life?

That second chance... I'd give it to Wooyoung.

With a last move I pulled out the red and bloody organ that I had just cut out... my heart.
However it wasn't beating anymore. The wound had already healed after a few seconds and I felt my own heart beat again.
This is what my cells could do. Remember the DNA, copy it and producing new cells faster than any thing else.

I bowed down above Wooyoung.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and let the same dagger pierce through his own skin. It pained myself what I was doing but I kept cutting with a desperation that made my hands shake again. The tears were still flowing and mixed with all the blood on my arms and body.

I pulled out the dead boys heart. The bullet that was sticking out of it shone in the white light of the room. It was terrifying.
Then I held my breath. Was this gonna work? I didn't even know it myself. My cells could immediately grow back when being connected to the main body which included heart and brain... as long as one cell of one of these was still alive, I could survive. But after about 2 minutes the cells would die down and any cut of limb or organ couldn't be connected to a body anymore.

So basicly... my heart should be able to heal a body in the right time. It saved my own dna. Wooyoung must have the same blood type for it to work and even then I wasn't sure if my mutation was comparable with his dna...

With shaking hands I pushed my own heart inside the whole of Wooyoungs chest but except for a disgusting sound and more blood nothing had happened at first.

"Y- you put it in upside down." I heard a silent and unsure whisper of Yunho comming from behind me before he threw up just like Mingi.

I took the heart out for a second and turned it the other way.

At first nothing happend and my mood got worse and worse but then...

Suddenly I saw a movement... slowly the veins were connecting and muscles and bones were built.
And the heart... it was
"It's beating!" Yeosang shouted and I realized that it actually was beating.
In the same rythm as my own heart.

Slowly the blood swept away and the skin on his chest closed.
"It w- worked." I whispered to myself and suddenly felt dizzy. The skin on top of Wooyoungs new heart was slightly darker than his own pale skin... it was my skin. And the other scratches and bruises on his body were still the same.
So I was correct. Only his heart would be able to self-heal from now on but the rest his body was still the same.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕄𝕪 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝 𝕜𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣 / 𝕨𝕠𝕠𝕤𝕒𝕟 🎉