chapter 5

The next 3 days until Friday I had spent secretly following Wooyoung after school and what I had witnessed was quite interesting.

On wednesday he had been observing a small business building that I hadn't taken notice of during my time here. He watched it from a bench near the street. Wooyoung had been sitting there for almost 4 hours but I still had no idea what the heck he trying to achieve by that because I didn't believe that he'd just go for a walk here which was the excuse he used everytime that I saw him leaving the dorm.
Actually, the next day he did almost exactly the same except that he was observering an expensive looking appartment building. Occasionally fancy dressed people would exit or enter and I kept sitting near him but far enough so he wouldn't regognize me the whole time. The problem was that I couldn't make out what exact parts of the building or certain people he was looking at, leaving me clueless.

The only thing that seemed helpful was when I noticed that the purple haired boy did always take notes in a small black note book which would prove to be the perfect opportunity to get some informarion. He might be planing to kill someone again but this time the police would be waiting for him.

This Friday Wooyoung was having afternoon classes.
For the last two days he hadn't done any weird moves on me again and although we didn't talk much I had the feeling that there was something like a mutual silence between us. It was not exactly comfortable for me at all, but we neither ignored not forced us to talk to one another.

I didn't know when Wooyoung would come back from classes but I didn't waste time and searched for the notebook in his things as long as I atill had a chance. It didn't take much time until I found it under his bed somewhere in a dark corner and quickly opened it before red through the notes that the killer had wrote down.

- works 8 hour shifts from 8 am to 16 pm

- goes home by taxi and arrives at 16:20

- family status: no wife or children but serveral affairs

- 16:10  pm (*** street), few people, broken sufveillence cameras, many store houses

The rest of the sheet was filled with more information about a certain business man and a victorious smile formed on my face. Now I had something in my hands to get him. He even wrote down the exact time of killing his victim in this note book and didn't even try to hide it that well. I honestly expected more of such a skilled criminal.

I grabbed my phone that worked again after having it repaired to call 911.
Trying to make my voice sound different I spoke lower than usual when telling them that tomorrow there would be a murder at the said time before I hung up quickly so they wouldn't be able to identify me.
With nobody knowing that I was the one giving away information it was probably more safe.

I put the note book back under his bed but in the process my gaze fell on another book that was laying right next to his pillow. A diary?

I reached my hand out to grab it but then thought for a second... it was very rude to look at someone's personal story and belongings so I shouldn't do that... but he was a criminal and maybe... maybe it would help catching him?
Before I'd change my mind again I quickly opened the first page.
The date was at a time 10 years ago.

Dear diary,
My parents gave this book to me and I never really used it but today something happend that I don't want to forget... because I'll take revenge on the people who killed my parents. I'll make everyone of those monsters pay until-

"San!"

No! Shit!
It was Wooyoung's voice that yelled my name from the entrance of the dorm room. His eyes were burning with anger when he saw that I had his diary in my hands.