chapter 18

Exams were comming up in 2 weeks so everyone started to study since the weekend including me and even Wooyoung. We got along very well and often learned together and for the whole week there wasn't one moment when me or him brought up the fact that he was a murderer and I some kind of mutant. Probably it was because both of us were too focused on getting good grades in the exams.

Sleepily I walked through the hallways together with Seonghwa after last class until we reached my locker. The weather outside started to get warmer as the snow slowly melted and nobody was in danger to freeze to death outside anymore. I loved the winter but the cold was still annoying. However the happy feeling didn't last long when my gaze followed the other ones.

"Again?" Seonghwa asked, worry sounding in his voice as he looked at the door of my locker.
Little papers with rude words and big red letters written with edding were visible on the blue metal.

we don't want a freak in our school

I wonder what'll happen if I rip of your head, will it grow back?

How dare you hurt Jackson's feelings!

Freak!

We want to see your ability live. Prepare to get stabbed again.

This was happening for the last 3 days now and it seemed like every day it got worse. I'd always just rip off the messages and clean the locker door but it was no use because the people didn't stop.
"Ah, it's no big deel." I shrugged it of to make Seonghwa believe it didn't bother me and apparently my acting had worked as he slowly nodding slowly.
I really wish I could be like Wooyoung at this point... he just ignored the letters on his locker and didn't even bother to put them away but I couldn't do that. It didn't matter how hard I tried because in the end I'd always come to the conclusion that they were actually right. I was a freak... Heck, I didn't even know why I was like this and I also couldn't remember when it started. All the glares, whispers and letters... I tried to ignore it and stay strong but I didn't know how long I could pretend that everything was alright until it'd burst out of me.

"This needs to stop..." Seonghwa sighed when we were on our way to his appartment.
"At some point people will get bored and stop anyway" I told him and really hoped that this would be the case.
"And we can't do anything about it anyway because if we look at the bigger picture they are right." I added.
"I don't know why I heal so fast and I'm desperate to finally find out."

Slowly Seonghwa pulled out his keys and opened the door to let me inside.
"Speaking of that, you still didn't tell me what actually happend with Wooyoung, Jackson and you." The boy curiously stated while taking of his jacket and I had to recall everything from that day and tried to not think of the evening...

"Um... so to sum up Jackson and his friends cornered me and that bastard forced himself onto me. Then Wooyoung appeared, beat up all of them until only 3 were left, two of them having a knife. He was able to steal one and faught with a guy called Mark while Jackson was holding onto me. When they were about to stab each other I stepped in the middle and got hit... it hurt." I told Seonghwa the story who just stared at me in shock.

"So he actually saved you? Why did he do that? Did you ask him?"
"Wow wow chill." I laughed nervously as I sat down on one of his comfortable seats, Seonghwa following my example.
"It way kinda weird... he had ignored me the whole week and when I asked him why he... he said something like I was his weakness."
"Uhhhhh... so he finally see's you as a friend?" The ravenette excitedly asked and I thought about his words with an ironic smile in my mind.
"I'm not so sure about that." I sighed and looked at the floor when all the memories from the night we spent together came up. A slight blush creeped it's way on my cheeks.