chapter 11

The next morning I went to the police station together with Wooyong were we ran into Yeosang who told us that he was also here for the small meeting and for answering questions so right now all of us and one police officer that I wasn't familiar with sat in a small but bright room around a table.

"Alright" the man started "Thank you for comming Mr. Choi, Mr. Kang and I see you also brought a friend?"
"Jung Wooyoung, Sir. I'm here to give my friends mental support" Wooyong told him with a sly smile. Yeah totally... mental support.
"Okay Mr. Jung. So... we already had Mr. Kang here and heard his view of the story but it is very important for us to also know about you." he explained and pointed at me.
"Your friends said you were missing for one week and the woman that called to tell us you are alright said your clothes were bloodied and ripped. Could you explain that to us?"
The officer asked gently and I knew now I had to lie... to the police. At this point I really questioned my good manners. With a last small gaze to Wooyong I started explaining "I was on my way to search for Yeosang because we wanted to meet up. Then I found him in a small side alley with the criminal ready to kill him. I tried to help but I got knocked out... after that I don't remember what happend and the first thing I can actually remember is that I walked into a small cafe to get some water 6 days later." I decided to tell "the truth" because anything I'd come up with wouldn't make any sense and nobody had seen me for a week so I couldn't just say I spent the week at a friends house. Maybe the police could even help me to find out why I was healing so fast. It hadn't anything to do with Wooyoung after all.
"Did you consume drugs or anything like that before you went to search for Yeosang?"
"No of course not." I honestly answered and a frown formed on the officers forehead.
"Mr. Kang? Do you remember seeing Mr. Choi?" he turned to the side to ask Yeosang who seemed like he was strongly trying to remember something.
"Yes... I think I heard and even saw him when he yelled at us. But I was already half unconscious then." he told the officer who turned to me again.
"Alright, so it's confirmed that you really were there. We also found blood in the said side alley and you said you were injured?"
I could tell them the truth now. Maybe they'd help me...
"Y-"
"No he wasn't" Wooyoung's calm voice suddenly interrupted him. What was wrong now? Why didn't he want me tell the officer about it? Silence spread in the room and the men waited for me to confirm what Wooyoung had just said but I didn't know how.
Gladly Yeosang took over. "So... when we met him yesterday he showed us that he had no injuries or wounds on his body so I guess Wooyoung is right."

"Uhh yeah." I quickly added "I wasn't hurt except for a strong punch on the head that knocked me out... maybe the blood was from another victim that he had injured before but that person got away?" I suggested while shrugging but the police officer didn't seem convinced.
"So you're saying you got knocked out and don't remember what happend after that?" he wanted to make sure what he heard was right and I nodded while giving Wooyoung the side eye.
"Hm" the man sighed. "If you want to, we can continue the case but it seems like you, Mr. Choi are alright and Mr. Kang also did get away very lucky. It is your decision if you want to continue the research."

If I had to be honest... I really wanted to know the reason why my body suddenly had those powers but thanks to Wooyoung I wasn't able to tell the police about it anymore.
With a short silent conversation with Yeosang both of us shook our heads.

"I think it's not that important. This case almost costed my dad his life so I don't want to keep thinking about it." Yeosang said to the officer who smiled at him in content.
"I heard your father is getting better?" He asked and soon both of them were in a deep conversation so I gave Yeosang a small sign to tell him that Wooyoung and I were leaving.

As soon as we were out of the building I stopped the purple haired boy with one hand and glared at him angrily. "What was that?! Maybe they could have helped me with finding out the truth! Why would you keep it from them?!" I complained but Wooyoug just pushed my hand away and continued walking, me stumbling behind him.
"Idiot..." he mumbled.
"What?"
"The police can not help you with things like these... a body that heals in a few seconds. They probably would have send you to some crazy scientists to do experiments in you."
he snapped and I stopped walking for a second to think about what he just said. It made sense in a way and maybe he was right... maybe I really shouldn't tell anyone about my problem or I would get in real danger. Did that mean... he had just wanted to protect me right now?