chapter 22

San's POV

The next few days I decided to stay at Seonghwa's place who didn't have any problems with that. I just couldn't bring myself to talk to Wooyoung or even see him at the moment.

I told Seonghwa about everything that happend, about my parents but begged him to just not talk about my feelings for now. It was because currently I was able to supress all the bad emotions and if I had to talk about again it would like I'd fall into the darkness that I just managed to crawl out of. Although the ravenette hestitated he didn't ask questions.

Together with Hongjoong tried finding out more about my past.  Unfortunately Yeosang was on a trip with his parents so we hadn't any connections to the police but we still managed to find at least a tiny bit. I wasn't sure though if Seonghwa just did this because I asked or if he really wanted to make me feel better.

Apparently there was a block in the city center were dead babies were found every year and although the police is investingating there is no further information about these strange events. Calling my "parents" was no option to me and I also didn't see Wooyoung since our fight. But at the moment I did not care because I was focused on every little detail I could get.

"San, there is nothing more we can find." Hongjoong sighed and put his head on the kitchen table in Seonghwa's apartment. The 3 of us had been researching the whole morning but didn't get anywhere.

"I know." I said and hopelessly let my hands fall next to the chair. Giving up would not happen but slowly I doubted anything and everything.
"Guys I need to go so good luck if you continue. Fell free to stay here" We heard Seonghwa's voice from the hallway and I got up when I saw the time.
"I'll need to go too. Jongho asked me to go shopping with him." I replied and made my way to the front door.
"Guys!" Hongjoong whined. "I spent the whole morning researching and I'm hungry like hell but now you're just leaving me like that?"
"Eh... Yeah seems so." Seonghwa shrugged and left.
"Sorry bro, but I'll make sure to pay you back." I excused myself.
"YoU bEtteR dO!" the small bean screached but I had already closed the door.

On my way down the street where I'd meet with Jongho I searched my wallet making sure I had enough money and my card with me when a small piece of paper fell out of my pocket. Well actually it wasn't paper but a card. The business card that Mr. Hwang had given me. It was a miracle that I still had it after all that had happend.
Having nothing better to do I picked it up and actually looked at it for the first time.
"J&M" was ingraved in the middle which was probably the name of the... medical research company? What did Mr. Hwang say again? They were interested in my strange ability? Hell no, I wouldn't become their experiment.
I threw the card in the closest trash can and continued walking when I suddenly heard a familiar angry voice.

"Watch out little boy! Hell, you spilled my americano little brat!"

About 50 meters away there was none other than Jackson Wang with a spilled americano all over his shirt. In front of him was Jongho who was breathing heavily as if he had just run a mile. On his denim Jacket there were dark spots too.
"I'm so sorry, I'm in a hurry!" He stuttered and tried getting away from Jackson but the black haired male grabbed his arm and pulled him closer again.
In that moment Jongho's eyes found mine and I saw the fear in his eyes.
"You're gonna pay for this, brat." Jackson growled and rammed his knee in Jongho's side before hardly punshing his cheek.
I wasn't fast enough to prevent these things from happening so when I got there Jongho was already kneeling on the ground and groaning in pain.

A wave of anger made my mind go crazy and without thinking I kicked Jackson's leg from behind forcing him to kneel down. Then I grabbed the surprised boy's collar and bowed down to him. In that moment I could actually understand why Wooyoung wanted to kill him. He was such a piece of trash.