chapter 26

Wooyoung's POV

It didn't take long until I successfully hacked into the data of J&M company but I wouldn't exactly say it was easy. Those guys really didn't want anyone to know their secrets.

I searched through every bit of data that I could reach and found a plan of the whole building. There seemed to be five floors under the surface. The first one had many office rooms and one part of that floor looked like a living area. Was that were Minho and Jisung were living? Probably.

Then the second floor had one big room. The rest of the space was used for smaller ones although I didn't know what they were good for just like the bigger room because there seemed to be no data about it.

Floor -3 was only one big hall and in floor -4 there was a long hallway with rooms on both sides. And lastly there was -5 which was another big hall but way larger than on the third floor. I didn't know yet that I'd be shocked when I found out what was in there later.

A documentary of the creation of new human DNA caught my eye. Although I didn't understand much of it there were a few things that were pretty obvious. They took healthy DNA and manipulated it specificly or randomly in different areas to see how it would change. Then they implanted the new DNA into a different organism to see how it developes and if the cells would accept it..
So it was right... they were actually creating mutants with the help of genetic engineering. What they said about wanting to heal cancer wasn't wrong tho. It was just that they didn't want to cure illnesses but they want to create a whole new kind of human that is at the top of evolution. A weapon, a soldier, superhumans that assure a peaceful life for everyone... but at what cost?
It was almost exactly like in one of those stupid films where scenarios like that would end in war.
It wasn't unlikely that the creation of mutants will cause world wide problems. Even if it worked out... what if other countries did the same and war was about to break out. The casualities would be worse...

That was probably the reason why those two boys I heard at the company were after them meaning that we were actually on the same side. Ironicly I had a second reason to kill those scienrists now.

I needed many hours to find more information and when I thought it was hopeless I suddenly spotted a new server.

There was a list there. Numbers from one to 302. Most of them were colored grey... the last 113 numbers were blue. They seemed to be something like links to different kinds of media and when I randomly clicked on no. 302 the screen showed a video. No... it was more like a live stream.

I could see a container formed like a cylinder that was filled with a greenish but see-through liquid. There was a human fetus swimming inside of it. Although it was too small to even be born yet his dark eyes were opened. A tube was attached to its belly button and next to the container there was a mashine showing the constant heart frequence as well as the temperature and other numbers that I didn't know the use for.

The fetus skin was scaled like the skin of a fish at its back and it looked like it's arms were slightly deformed. They were to short and there was no ellbow. What the hell...?!

I closed the stream and looked at the information that was given about the mutant child. Apparently it was 4 months old, the egg cell and sperm were spended by two people that I didn't know. It said that they weren't interested in this child and didn't even know each other.

Later I found out that every no. from 1 to 302 was one artificial born or unborn baby. The grey ones were dead and the blue ones are still under observation.
Now the actually interesting ones were number 47,48,64 and 67. All of those numbers were colored red... it was the color for success, survival.