Movie Night

1 new message from Yabuki Nako. Minjung looked at her phone as popcorn popped in the microwave.

Nako
Hey! What are you up to?

Minjung
I'm about to start watching a movie.

Nako
Ooh! What kind of movie?

Minjung
I don't know I haven't decided.  You're still at the dorm right?

Nako
Yeah.
Ooh! Maybe we can watch Minjoo's movie!!

Minjung
Has it been released?

Nako
November 21

Minjung
That was yesterday!
Do you want to go watch it at the theaters?

Nako
Ooh sure!

Minjung
Great I'll sneak in some popcorn 😂😂😂

Nako
Which movie theaters are we going to?

Minjung
We can go to the one near the dorm. I'll just pick you up at the dorm and then we can walk together.

Nako
Okay sounds good.

     Minjung quickly ran up to her room. She changed into black jeans and an orange knitted sweater accompanied with a poofy white jacket that had inside pockets. The girl held her hair up while looking at the mirror. She tilted her head. Minjung shook her head letting her hair fall down to her shoulders.

     A sigh left her mouth with a smile. She flew down the stairs humming Feel Special by Twice. Minjung's head bounced as she moved the popcorn into a plastic bag. "What are you doing?"

     "Oh appa! I'm going to watch a movie with a friend."

     "Did your Umma not tell you that we are having guests over for dinner."

     "Noooo...."

     "Oh I thought she did. It is pretty last minute so I guess you already made plans. I make sure to save some food for you." Her dad smiled.

     "Or." Minjung tilted her chin upwards. Her mouth hung open as her eyes lit up. Her father smirked knowing what she wanted to do.

     "Don't tell you mom." He said while making a beeline for the cabinet holding Tupperware.

     "Don't tell me what?"

     "Minjung is going to the movies."

     "We have guests coming over." Minjung's mother spoke. Ding Dong. "That's probably them. Could you get it sweetie."

      "What about the movies? I mean I didn't really know about the guests."

     "Who are you going with?"

     "Nako!" Minjung yelled before opening the door. "Hi!"

     "Ooh look at you with your hair down! Are you going on a date?" Minjoo smirked.