Volunteer

January 2, 2020

     Minjung couldn't sleep. She hadn't had time to think about the situation. She had prepared for the New Years and just crashed after the family gathering.

      Now that she was alone, her mind wandered to Izone. Minjung would either listen to her heart or her head.

      She scrolled through the pictures of the girls. All these wonderful moments. The laughs, the talks, the dinners, the music. They were her family.

      But her family had hurt her. Hyewon. Eunbi. Nako. The pain she had felt because of Izone. She had tried to kill herself twice in the past year. From the hate comment and the heart break and the Broken Heart Syndrome and a second heart break shortly after. Could she really let them go? Could the possibility of another heart break happen? She doesn't know who to trust anymore.

If she doesn't continue, then the moments with her members won't happen again. They are the best thing that has happened to her. Izone were the first people to welcome her into a group. It's where she finally fit into a group.

The choice seemed pretty obvious. But why was Minjung having such a hard time? She sat with her legs crossed as she held her plush.

"I'll just flip a coin. Heads I stay. Tails I leave." Minjung muttered.

"Is that really the best decision maker?" Jaemin asked leaning against the door frame.

"If I'm not happy with what I get then I know what my choice is, the other one."

"What if you don't like either choice?"

Minjung stopped mid flip. The coin slid off her hand. She groaned. "Any other ideas?"

"Go back to when you were deciding to leave SM. List the pros and cons." Jaemin suggested sitting on Minjung's bed.

Minjung sat up. "Pros. Izone is basically my family. I have fun with the girls. I do something I love with them. Everyone is supportive. It doesn't get boring around them. They give really good hugs. I learned what love is from them. There's always something new everyday. There are fans that love us. I have so many good memories. They collectively try to make me feel better. They care about my mental health. They take care of me and I can take care of them."

"Any cons?"

"I experienced my first heart break, I had my second heart break. I tried to kill myself twice... my mental health wasn't too great."

"So does that pain hurt more than the happiness? In the long run."

"It makes me scared to fall in love and let someone in. I feel that I would get betrayed again." Minjung told.

"Don't worry about love. It will come." Jaemin smiled. Minjung looked at the older boy. She got up and walked to the door.

She turned back when the older didn't follow. "Come on I have an agreement to make."

Jaemin stood from the bed and grabbed Minjung's coat. The two rode the subway to the company. When they arrived, Minjung walked to the head manager's office. She bowed in and a toddler ran and latched herself around Minjung's legs.

"Minjung Unnie!" The toddler cheered. She then punched Minjung's leg jokingly. "Mommy said you would come two days ago! Were you with your boyfriend?"

"What no. I am not in a relationship with anyone right now."

"So who is this guy?" The toddler asked. Minjung chuckled picking up the 5 year old. The older girl balanced the toddler on her waist.