Riding With Rockets: Two

WALTER

"Aye! you best not get crumbs all over my car," Lance Sterling said while cursing to himself in the driver's seat

The Agency has given him a brand new vehicle just a month ago. Not only because someone keyed his last car, but because it was already scratched and dented, (Not to mention the pigeon droppings as well).

"Don't worry Lance! Once I'm finished with this new project I've been working on in my lab we won't even need to iron our own clothing! We'll have our own maid!" Walter Beckett exclaimed.

His pigeon, Lovey, was perched on his shoulder; she looked rather happy as Walter continued to feed her (gluten-free) bread crumbs from his pocket. Although, it did leave a mess on his tuxedo, as well as the pink glitter that never seemed to come out in the wash.

"I'm not letting that robot thing come anywhere near my clothing," Lance said. "The last time you turned it on it almost caught the whole building on fire. So no."

"Aw come on Lanny, it's all about learning from your mistakes and fixing your problems for a better outcome. Right, Lovey?" Walter gently stroked Lovey with his finger; in response, she puffed out her feathers and made a happy sound.

"Don't call me Lanny. . ."

To Walter's worry, Lance suddenly perked his head and squinted at the side mirror of the vehicle.

He has been Lance's partner for over three years now; he knew when Lance sensed danger. Walter glanced into the mirror on his side as well: there was an odd white van, really close to the tail of the car, but he couldn't tell if that meant danger, maybe it was just a van that seemed suspicious. Then again, barely anyone takes this road to the city.

"Walter," Lance was stern. "Turn engines to turbo, "

Walter nodded in response, his eyebrows furrowed as he grabbed his pen from his pocket and started scrolling through the vehicles settings.

(Y/N)

"We have them in our sights, track the van and try to close in on them," (Y/N)'s mother was on a call with the rest of the group

"We have them in our sights, track the van and try to close in on them," (Y/N)'s mother was on a call with the rest of the group. She spoke through the bud in her ear so (Y/N) couldn't quite hear the rest of the team. Her gun clenched tightly in the palm of her hand and her breathing was shaky while she stared down the black vehicle in front of them.

After a moment or two, she heard her mother seize a launcher from one of the many bags they brought. The launcher looked large and heavy; the thick metal wrapped around it as if the inside held something bigger. The weapon was new, (Y/N) could tell; her mother would always examine and gape at the new weapons before actually putting them into action.

The radar tracker laid on the surface of the trunk and showed her team's vehicles approaching them from both sides of the broken road.

It was all going as planned, but of course, (Y/N) expected a bit of trouble; catching a spy wasn't as easy as her mother made it sound. Near the boot of the black vehicle, what looks to be four-wide pipes sprung out, and immediately the flames burst and the car charged forward along the road. The charge spewed pebbles hard at their van, some managed to even crack the glass panes.

"Damn it! Follow them!" Her mother shouted in frustration.
The driver pelted his foot down onto the pedal; the force making (Y/N) fall over and almost knocking the gun out of her hand. She swiftly got back onto her knees and held onto the backside of the passenger's seat while the van struggled to get back on Lance Sterling's tail.

WALTER

Walter Beckett held tightly onto Lovey as they blasted forward

The turbo only would last them a couple of minutes in order to recharge, but it should give them enough to at least lose them.

Walter and Lance had absolutely no intention to fight. They had missions of their own and they couldn't waste their time on Hunters. Or at least that's who they suspected it would be; spy hunters have been on their path for a couple of months now, and it was beginning to get annoying for both Beckett and Sterling.

After a few minutes, their vehicles have slowed and luckily the van was no longer in sight. They both sighed; Walter sinking in his seat as Lovey nuzzled against his neck.

Lance rolled his shoulders and chuckled. "These damn hunters man."

"Right?" Walter laughed nervously with him.

A sudden ringing sound came from the car, it lit the vehicle with a dimmed red light and the screens screamed danger. They both cocked their heads outside their windows only to see three mini rockets speed dangerously past their vehicle. And if that wasn't scary enough the rockets turned right back at them.

Lance calmly avoided them. swerving off the road and making them hit signs and rocks, (because god knows only how he would react if it hit his car).

Walter sprung up and grabbed hold of the strap of his bookbag, unbuckling his seat belt.

"What the hell are you doing?" Lance turned to him.

"Turn back onto the road!"

"What!?"

"I have an idea!" He said as he quickly shut Lovey safely in the glove box, "stay here Lovey, it'll only be a second."
.
.
.
Please comment and vote if you are interested for more!