A Flesh Rotting Street: Eleven

BRETT

Brett always loved cars

Brett always loved cars. He knew almost everything about them. He loved the idea of racing against another and doing stunts. But he was afraid of the things he loved, he was always frightened, and that's why he has always hated himself.

But when Lance Sterling saved him back in the club, he knew he had to make it up to him somehow, and that's when he found Walter. Surprisingly, he was very forgiving, barley anyone forgives him that easily. 'He seems like a cool guy' Brett thought.

As of right now, he was driving the vehicle his crew chased, Sterlings. But it didn't look like the nice black spy car they once saw, it was disguised as a taxi, (which made him feel more comfortable).

Though he did think the chase was a bit scary, he hated guns, Grudge always pushed him to shoot. He never wanted to be in this-- hunters group-- thing. But he had to if he wanted to see his sister again.

He couldn't really say that he was. . . well- "driving" the vehicle himself, it was on auto-drive. He understood why Walter didn't want him to touch the wheel, he wouldn't even trust himself with a car this nice. All he had to do is make sure the car gets to them safely, and it stays on their location targets.

"Doing alright?" The voice made him almost jump from his seat; it came from a speaker to his right.

"Y-y-yea, just fine. Should be rolling in any minute now, " Brett stared at the two dots coming close.

"Just relax. You sound startled, we'll wait until you get here, if we have any problems, I'll inform you," Walter said. there were gunshots ringing in the background, it almost sounded similar to darts.

Brett nodded but then realized he couldn't see him nod. "Mhm yeah, " he replied as he ended the call.

He didn't realize how fast he was actually going until now, it seemed so smooth, yet, he was still beyond nervous, the group will probably kill him. . . -actually- they will Kill him.

There was a sudden large bump from the car. He assumed he ran over something, but when he looked through the back mirror he saw nothing. Very strange. It was oddly quiet as well; all he heard was the 'beeping' from the map hologram. He thought at least he would hear more gun bullets as he came closer to Sterling and Beckett but it had gone quiet.

There was a hand waving in the distance. Brett squinted his eyes and waved a trembling nervous hand as the vehicle stopped in front of Walter and Lance.

"You put him in charge of my car!?" Lance questioned harshly as Brett got out of the vehicle.

"It was on auto-drive. He wanted to help so- you know- i gave him a job. And he did it, " Walter responded.

". . ." Lance then abruptly held a finger to his mouth. His eyes wondering. "You hear that? . ." he whispered.
.
.
.

They all glanced around; they were in an ally, no people, it was a bit darker then Brett would have liked but then again it was nearing dusk.
.
.
.