Hello? Virgin Speaking: Sixteen

(Y/N)

"You have beautiful hair (Y/N), " Angelina said as she finished sticking in pins for her braided crown

"You have beautiful hair (Y/N), " Angelina said as she finished sticking in pins for her braided crown. "I think i may leave it like this for the party, don't you like it?"

(Y/N) gently touched the delicate braids, staring at them in the mirror while she moved her head from side to side. She hasn't paid as much attention to herself in years, nor does she know how to braid; so having her hair done, or even trying to look nice was entirely different to her. 

"I think so, " (Y/N) replied in a soft voice. She certainly felt pretty; she wore a long flowing light pink dress with lace sleeves. Angelina had let her borrow it for her party this evening since, of course, she couldn't be seen in her filthy old clothes that stunk of smoke and sweat. She had also gifted her a small silver necklace, Angelina had said she never wore it, but (Y/N) thought it was beautiful. 

She was kind of upset about staying over for the party, but she had shrugged it off, besides, it was nice to feel clean and comfortable again; even though she would rather search for her mother right now. 

She had gotten used to Angelina as well; she learned that she was a pretty kind person. She had come into her room when she had woken up and gave her breakfast. The boys were still sleeping in their room, so Angelina and her have been gossiping and messing around with dresses and shoes since then. 

"It's been a while since I've met another girl about the same age as me, " Angelina said to her. "My father has taken me and my sisters out of our private schools while i was in middle school." 

"Why is that?" (Y/N) questioned. 

"Well- he heard someone robbed a bank in our area and ever since then he didn't think it's safe for us. So we've been homeschooled up until graduation." 

"Your father really cares for you. . ." 

"Oh yes, he's a great dad. What about yours?" 

(Y/N) went a bit silent after her question, her face was filled with sorrow. "Well, my mother told me he died."

"Oh. . . I'm really sorry to hear about that. What place does he rest now?" 

"Um. Well, they actually never found his body, which is a shame. . . But we made a grave back in Virginia." 

"My mother was from Virginia, " Angelina said. "I heard she travels a lot."

"Where does she rest?"

"She isn't dead, she's more of a free spirit really, does what she wants. My father didn't care though, he was glad to take me in."