The Dance: Eighteen

(Sorry this one is late! It's a long wholesome chapter😭)

BRETT

Brett watched as Angelina pulled (Y/N) into a separate room; shooing them away from her

Brett watched as Angelina pulled (Y/N) into a separate room; shooing them away from her. Brett was in an addled state. He barely knew Walter, but he doesn't seem like the type to lie, perhaps he was just zipping her dress back up like he said. He has no idea where Walter walked off to, but hopefully he stayed where he was in case Owen decided he wanted to start a fight, (Even though Walter had no intention to hurt anyone whatsoever).

Owen and him continued their walk back to one of the guest rooms; Owen’s bedroom to be exact. He had said he intended to sleep over a week after the party, but the bastard family doesn't know of it yet, (kinda creepy). He said it was for a surprise; Owen had planned on giving the family tickets to his yacht party a month from now. As he said- and as he kept saying- he was VERY rich. 

“Oh, Brett! I wish there was a way for you to come to my party next month. . . But if you are busy then i guess it’s fine,” he said with a very sad tone of voice. It made him feel terrible. 

“I-i’m really sorry Owen- but- I can't tell you much. Walter said to---”

“Walter!?” He scoffed. “So you choose the weird kid over me, do you?”

“W-what! No! I-i mean- he’s not weird, he’s my friend. . . O-or I think--- we only met yesterday. I don’t know why you dislike him so much.”

“Not weird you say? He has turned the entire agency into a bunch of useless softies! What good does it do if you keep the bad guys alive? We are wasting our land and tax money to make more prisons for these freaks, and soon they’ll all be scattered about again! I rather my money go to their graves,” Owen spat with disdain. 

“B-but, aren't lives more important than cash and land?... What if they choose to become better people? . . What if they were forced to do something bad?” Brett played nervously with a piece of his curled hair. He was one of those people for sure.

“You are seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen, yet, so naive. You see Brett, everything is based around money, you need it to live and to stay happy. It’s the hard truth, I know. . .I am usually a very happy man, but for a few years now most of my money has gone to waste, and I have been. . .  less than happy,” He responded drastically.

“. . . So. . . You're saying you're not as rich as you used to be because of the agency. . . uh-- because of Walter?”

“My father had a contract with Lance, we used to send the lab the best explosives. But now with this ‘no violence’ shit, our contract is no more.” 

“Oh. . . I-i'm sorry. . . I'm sure that was never Walter's intention. . . I-i don't think he's a bad person."

"I'm not saying he's a bad person. I'm just saying he's not normal and his idea to change the world for the better is stupid."