Crushing On You: Twenty-Four

WALTER

The near side of gate 'B' was crowded with workers and tourists

The near side of gate 'B' was crowded with workers and tourists. Walter had assumed a bus was late for pick up, but the buses were never usually late so it was quite odd to see everyone standing around in one place.

Him and (Y/N) swiftly swerved through the people; careful not to bump into anyone. Walter chuckled as he passed some students; some of them gawked at him, their eyes wide while they whispering to their peers. Perhaps they were on a school trip, they all had similar green outfits and bags.

"Holy shit. . . is that Walter Beckett?" He heard one of them say loudly.

"Dumbass! Obviously!" Yelled another student in the group. . . To be honest, that's the reason why Walter laughed.

It only took them a few minutes to find their vehicle, of course, it was much easier to spot from others. But unfortunately, (also not surprisingly), they didn't see any sign of the rest of their group; Owen, Brett, and Angelina were nowhere to be found.

"Ugh! . . God damn it, " Walter cursed with bare teeth, dropping Owen's luggage on the ground. His shoulders and arms ached painfully.

(Y/N) dropped the rest of the bags on the floor next to where Walter dropped them. "Maybe they got lost?"

"Perhaps. But they're maps everywhere. I knew i shouldn't of let them go off on their own, " Walter said. He knew this place like the back of his hand, even though some of the gate areas were built new this year.

"How about i stay near the luggage while you go look for them?" (Y/N) shrugged. She had a worried look on her face, she must have noticed how stressed he was. He usually does a good job of hiding it.

"They could be anywhere, this place is very large. I may just ask someone to voice them over from the intercom or something. . ."

"Okay Walter, I'll be here."

"Thank you, " He breathed, patting her head as he walked back into the building. He was a bit upset of course; they all knew Walter needed to be at the agency. He didn't want to feel like he's dragging around children, he doesn't have time for that right now.

"E-excuse me, ma'am!" Walter shouted from a distance as he walked to the luggage pick up place. There was a crowd of people in the area and a working woman managing everyone's complaints. She looked vexed and tired with absolutely everyone.

He gently pushed through the crowd and shifted towards the woman as she squinted deadly at him. "I'm sorry but this is really important, " Walter said, his stress was clear in his voice but he was also able to sound strict and stern at the same time.

"I'm sorry Sir, but you're going to have to wait your turn or call someone."

"I-I'm sorry for being a burden, i know you have a bunch of people to deal with but i need someone to help me find--"