The Little Demon: Twelve

(Y/N)

The day had come to a close as (Y/N) and her crew members continued to advance towards Brett Gardener's location mark

The day had come to a close as (Y/N) and her crew members continued to advance towards Brett Gardener's location mark. Frosty winds bit at their skin, numbing their noses. it was a harsh change from the boiling club fire, that's for certain.

Dirt carried by the wind proceeded to cover their faces and cling to their clothes, along with the blood of others and their own.

Their wounds stung like a thousand bees burrowed into their sweaty skin, but they were thankful for the chilling breeze; it almost numbed the pain.

There were six-- no-- five of them left, hopeless hunters, led by a crazy and desperate captain. But even she was starting to give in; she looked cold and battered, as did the rest of them. They ran when they heard any noise, but it was silent, and the streets left a sinister feeling. They've heard sirens a few minutes ago, as well as seen cop vehicles in the distance but after that the place was quiet.

The seeking drones that they owned (and were using) had disconnected. It wasn't strange though; they were old and didn't quite work as well as they used to. They usually have Timit Blunt fix them, he was their robotics guy and old friend of (Y/N)'s father. Even then, he doesn't know that much about drones like her father did. (Y/N)'s father was very interested in that type of stuff. He was a smart man.

"Not long," (Y/N) murmured to herself, staring at the dotted red mark.

A gasp was heard from behind her, then a couple more, as well as her mother who cursed and stumbled weakly. As (Y/N) looked forward she understood why.

Headless bodies. It reminded her of Cassy. But the strange thing was that it wasn't just one, but many. Some corpses looked dry and rotten, while others looked as if they were freshly cut. The air stunk, it was deadly, and as they continued it only grew worse.

"What the hell? . ." (Y/N) said with a shaky breath. She swore they drove through this exact street when they arrived in the city.

The crew hushed for a moment, then someone spoke. "That's it! I can't take this anymore! We are always doing crazy shit! Hunter's group!? Lance Sterling!? Fuck them all!" One of the crew members yelled.

"God damn it Tyrone, not again, " Said someone else.

"Shut up George! I'm tired of this shit! I'm leaving!"

"W-what about the oath?"

"Fuck the oath!" The male named Tyrone began to take his leave. He didn't get very far though.

A small click sounded near (Y/N) and instantly Tyrone fell to his knees, coughing blood. And as his eyes rolled back into his head he fell onto the cold road, dead. Another fresh corpse added to the avenue.

(Y/N)'s mother held up her radar, where the click had came from. "Anyone else wants to leave?"

Only the side captain and their boss have access to their tracker settings. The tracker will know if their host is dead and it will dismiss itself by blowing up. However, the settings allow you to terminate the trackers even if the body is still functioning. Since it's located on the neck, there is absolutely no chance for any of them to survive if their marks were terminated.